Thread: just wondering

just wondering

how many other people's anxiety just hit them out of the blue... and did you have a pretty happy "normal" life before it came?
    i just cannot accept that i was such a happy person for 35 years and now for the last year and a half have felt soo horrible. i don't understand why i cannot get back to the way i was.

Re: just wondering

Yep mine did bluewoman I thought I was going to die and I was sooo scared as I was on my own at the time so I called an ambulance because I did'nt have a clue what was going on.

Turnt out it was panic attacks it really made me down after that point but one thing I never lost was my sense of humour oddly enough.

There will be a point where you will get back to normal it's just when, I had them for years then recently joined the gym and have not had one since...I'm not going to let it beat me anymore!!

Take care x

Mine came out of the blue also.

It really makes me think 'WHY'. How can I lead a normal life go to busy places stand in queues go out with friends and now I panic in these situations.

I mean Ive been shopping thousands of times so why does my mind now decide to make me panic.

This is what really stresses me out :(

At the time my first big panic attack came out the blue and really knocked me on my backside in November 2006. Since though I have sat down and written out a timeline of events covering the back as far as June 2002. Despite not being out of my town since that panic attack in June 2002 I went to Prague on a bus which took 2 days there and 2 days back- quite a contrast. But the timeline showed me a chain of events and a slow deterioration that I never linked at the time.

I don't believe personally that panic attacks just come out of the blue. I believe they seem like that but there is usually something that sets it off and if you really try hard to look at events leading up to it you can usually find a cause. At least this is what I have found in my case.

All the best

Nechtan

Mine too. Im only 20... my life was great. But now i feel its being munipulated by anxiety. Its just not fair!
    I have a really hard time accepting that its "just anxiety" which sometimes i think makes it worse... because you believe that it must be something more serious.

At the time of my first (and only) panic attack it seemed to come out of the blue, but looking back, it was actually a great gift... something that had to come in order for me to rethink my job, my family situation, and my future.

I'm now a NLP coach/therapist trainee, and one of our presuppositions, is that 'there's a positive intention behind any behaviour'... The positive intention behind my panic attack and anxiety was pretty obvious I guess, even if it took me some time to figure it out

not me! ive always had an anxiety.
    but sometimes suppressed emotions can cause anxiety.
    like if you never show anger or sadness or never let it out it can build up and turn into anxiety.
    although using drugs can cause anxiety, as well as calcium and magnesium or b vitamin deficiency, some medical problems cause it too

Mine came on out of the blue.
    I had everything i wanted. Good job doing something I enjoyed. Nice home, enough money. Then Wham!
    I was playing in a band at a packed club. Felt a bit edgy, went outside for some fresh air and it got worse. Just about finished the Gig and from then on the problems started. Never did know what caused it.

For awhile I thought mine came totally out of the blue. However, when I think about it, I think I have had traces of panic/anxiety my entire life. I used to be scared of a lot of things as a little kid... and I remember sitting in class and feeling really "dizzy". I did not even know what a panic attack was, but now as an adult looking back it seems that even though I was never a mess like this, I did have anxiety symptoms.

-- Anonymous

For me, it's been a long, slow uphill journey from early childhood to reach the plateau of anxiety and depression I currently inhabit. The accumulation of psychological and practical baggage along the way has added to the burden and I've come to accept that this is pretty much it. There are times when I feel particularly low, that's when medication and other therapies can help; likewise there are times when I'm particularly up and I manage without either, although always mindful that there's probably something big or small lurking and just waiting to trip me up. Part of the problem is having a hyperactive imagination and an over-retentive memory, always something there to remind me...

My only hope is that this is a plateau and that, sooner or later, if I live long enough, I'll start going back down the other side and reach an age or a point in life where I just won't give a damn. Sorry I can't be more positive...

Thread Information