Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2 weeks in...

Re: 2 weeks in...

first day on fluoxetine today for me! feelng pretty bad already, totally didn't expect to feel anything this early! I was on sertraline for years, was great but recently didn't seem to be working as well so my psych put me on venlafaxine(or the hell drug as it is now known in my house), that was awful, so they changed my to fluoxetine, today being my first day.

I am really scared, even my psych told me to be prepared for a few really rough weeks when i changed onto fluoxetine, but reading your stories had helped, as at least i am not alone. I would say try and stick with it guys, i remember when i started sertraline years ago, for the first month i was very unwell, but then it worked and it helped me no end, in fact, sertraline was the reason i could function for the past 15 years. I hope you all find fluoxetine works for you in the long run, hell i hope it works for me too in the long run.

Unhappy Re: 2 weeks in...

Hi tj0121, well im now on day 13 still dont feel great but not as bad as the last 12 days, hang in there and ill keep you posted on the days ahead.
    after reading other posts fluox takes a while to work, (i was hoping for an instant fix lol), try not to plan anything for a couple of weeks i made the mistake in going away for a couple of days and totaly freeked out and had to come home.
    let me know how you go
    xx

day 18 and felt shaky this morning but as the day is going on im feeling a little better. still hanging in there

Oh dear. I'm on day 8 and the palpitations are terrible. I hope there is some respite soon.

hang in there it gets worse before it getss better im nearly day 30 and only now is it getting better today was a bit agatating but i have found i am coping better

It's good to hear other people's experiences. I am on day 27 today and thought I was doing really well, but today felt really fidgety, tired and anxious and palpitations came back. Obviously, it's going to take longer that I thought for it to work on the anxiety side. Feel lot brighter in myself - of course tiredness could be down to being nearly 33 wks pregnant . So easy to put everything down to panic isn't it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information