Thread: Hangovers

Hangovers

As soon as I opened my eyes this morning, I was telling myself I was in for it. Far too much wine and beer at the Christmas Party last night. Hangovers have made me really anxious and panicky for years now, probably because they make my head feel fuzzy and sore, my stomach is tender, I'm lightheaded, sweaty and out of sorts. Worse, I immeadiately start talking up a panic: "God, you're SO hungover, Jim. Wait until the anxiety arrives. It will be really, really bad." This morning was no exception, and I was soon panicking like a monkey. So I fired up the PC and came to this site. Reading about everyone else's trials and tribulations soon brought me back to earth. I wasn't dying (much as it felt like it)and what we're all going through is nothing that we can't cope with. Ten minutes on the site (and with the paracetemol doing its job) I had calmed down completely and I've had more or less a normal day since. Which is great, so thanks everyone. Now, if I could just go easy on the booze.......

Jim

Hiya Jim

I was like that last Saturday after and Xmas party. We were driving home and I had to get Alex to come off the road we were on (A14) cos it was making me feel worse going to fast. On the back roads he had to be more gentle.

I came home and went to bed and still felt bad that night. I too felt panicky all day and I tried to tell myself it was just a hangover but I know how you are feeling!

I am glad that coming on here helped relieved the symptoms - that is great news cos it proves that the site is helping in some simple ways as well.

Keep drinking the water to re-hydrate yourself and get an early night tonight.

Hope you feel better tomorrow [xx(]
    xx

Nicola

Well Done Jim

Identifying the issue and knowing it'll be ok is so much help.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Hi Jim,

Well done, you managed to control your thoughts to stop your anxiety escalating..keep up the good work!

sadie

It's great that you can calm yourself down like that Jim. You didn't listen too much too your little 'chatterbox'

Well Done

Lucky

Thread Information