Thread: IDIOT ME

IDIOT ME

Was doing so well
    Got myself back to work last week after 2 months off and although it was very hard I made it

However I had a doctors appointment this morning at 8am and all my breathing / relaxation went out of the window as I was terrified of the waiting room

Had 3 glasses of wine to steady .......................

Now beating myself up and have to work

What an idiot

MIKE

Re: IDIOT ME

Oops!

I hope you didn't have to drive to work as well?

Not a good idea to steady nerves with alcohol and especially before 8am. Do you drink a lot in the day?

Don't beat yourself up over it though - you did what you thought you needed to.

Hope you got on ok at the docs?
    Last edited by nomorepanic; 13-03-09 at 09:35.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi there well done for going back to work!!!
    i know how you feel im new to this website and couldn't believe how many feel the same as me.
    goodluck
    emma

Hi thanks for your messages
    No I can assure you I do not drive -never have and have no interest in trying
    Don't normally drink much in the day but just got myself in such a state that any port in a storm so to speak

I do conceded that I drink far too much generally and that does not help the panic attacks / anxiety but honestly some days........................

MIKE

Hi mike
    i understand where you are coming from as
    i used alcohol for many years to steady nerves and as a leveller.
    When anxiety came it did help me shorterm but at a price of needing it more and more and it was then a big vicious circle.I decided to stop drinking give my nervous system a rest and take my meds properly and it definately helped
    Im not sure how much you drink and its ok socially and nothing wrong with a glass of wine to chill at night but for a abuser of it like me abstinence was the only answer mate
    good luck and all the best

I was given Diazepam which my Psychiatrist told me to take instead of alcohol. I take those rescue remedy drops as well to try calm my nerves.

It is very hard though as like you I also relied on alcohol as a quick fix to try calm my nerves but hopefully I can stop this and give the medication a better chance of working.

Hang on in there!
    Last edited by Irishhhhhh; 13-03-09 at 13:21. Reason: Typo

YEP

You are right

About time I grew up a bit and started to be sensible

I know it is no answer but JEEZUS CHRIST when panic strikes I just go for what works NOW

Stupid but true

Hey only human - i think..............................

Good luck!!! well done for getting your head sorted someof the way. I used alcohol for years. But haven't drank any thing in 2 years ish now. and tbh I don't miss it that much,..

Talking about what works now. Its like I found this site as I was mid panic attack and I find I have to be a memeber for a week and have so many posts now. I was looking for someone to talk to now not in a week or so.

Thread Information