Thread: Please Help! My symptoms are...

Exclamation Please Help! My symptoms are...

Hello All,

This is my first post! I have been having some trouble with my htroat recently (last 3 weeks or so). I have been to the doctor and he said it is probs to do with stress/panic and that i had IBS. He has also refered me to the ENT's but they have not bothered to contact me in 2 weeks. My sysmptoms keep developing and i just wanted to se if anyone else has had anything like this...

I started off feeling i had a ball in my throat, which was causing me trouble swallowing my spit. I then developed the feeling as if my airways were being blocked (at this point i wen to A&E and they saw that my uvula was extended). I did all the things people do to help the uvula (piriton, ice treatment) which helped he uvula go down, but now i am still left with a feeling that something is wrong with my lower throat; when i swallow my spit, i can hear it making a bubbly sound as if being sqeezed through a tight area. I also hear a clicking sound from my throat when i swallow water/food, and i find i have to force it down a bit. To add to this, i am also now getting mouth ulsers on my gums and tounge (they do heal with time).

For a short while i was happy with the fact that I have globus, but now im starting to worry its something much worse again...

If anyone can advise on this it would be great

Thankyou

Re: Please Help! My symptoms are...

Personally I think if you feel that there is a problem there you should get the doctor to check again. I know the GP might already have his mind set because you had Globus before but if you explain what happened after then he might be able to look with a more open mind.

Even globus is not a nice experience so I wish you well.

All the best

Nechtan

Thread Information