Thread: Looking for some help

Looking for some help

So like my other posts have said, essentially I am worried about my heart. I've been having pain in my left chest for sometime, but when I go to the nurse here at my college on two separate occasions two different nurses said my heart rate, blood pressure, and blood oxygen levels were all good. The nurse also listened to my heart, and checked to see if there was tenderness in my chest, which there was not.

So I just wanted to ask if there are any more measures that you think I should take? Has anyone else had pain in their chest from anxiety?

Also I haven't lost my appetite per say, but when I eat I feel weird, not so much that I don't want to eat, but it seems like I suffer minor panic attacks, worrying about the food! Might sound stupid, but it's annoying.

Re: Looking for some help

Hi ya,

I used to suffer for a lot of chest pains too and this got me worked out even more, I was so convinced that I thought I had a heart problem and the doctors kept saying I was OK and put it down to muscular tension, that is what they diagnosed me with.

So as there was nothing more anybody would to for me, I was left to just fester on this anxiety, I continued to have chest pains but not as much because I had concluded that as there was nothing more anybody was going to do that I just let nature take it's course, and sure enough I started to care less and less about it, almost accepted it. Eventually the pains did go away the less I thought about it.

That was my experience anyway. I don't think there's anything more you can do really especially if the doctors have decided that nothing is wrong.

Hopefully it will get better for you soon.
    Take Care.

HI, i too suffer/suffered with chest pains. I have discussed this with my doctor several times and he too told me that it was anxiety related. I find the best way to combat this is to keep busy and if i feel it starting, get up and do something different, eventually you will hardly notice it. Good luck.

thanks for the help!

Thread Information