Thread: Seeing death?

Seeing death?

Not actual death although that does scare me.

But is anyone else REALLY scared of seeing death, as in having a car crash and having a dead person lieing there infront of you.

It just makes me feel empty inside, its a hard feeling to describe.

Re: Seeing death?

I found my grandmother dead when i was 11.
    Not a very nice experience and one that probably shaped my anxieties towards dying and heart problems.

Panic attacks started in 1992. 1998 i became agoraphobic which lead into being room bound. Couldn't even get upstairs. 2002 i started getting better, able to drive and work. 2005 i became house bound again. 2009 i have been making SLOW progress, still not able to go anywhere alone, but my journeys are getting longer. No where near 'normal' but at least i can go out.

I wouldn't say it scares me, but I try and avoid it . . like I don't like going to "visitations"when someone dies. I try and stay clear of them if I can.

I think death as in seeing death effects each person different. For me once they are dead then they are dead. The person is no longer in the body, so for me its their spirit that has left them. As a Chrisian I believe in the after life as stated in the Bible and knowing a person who believes in Christ as their personal saviour will 100% go to heaven is such an amazing support

Quote Originally Posted by sMINT View Post
    Not actual death although that does scare me.

But is anyone else REALLY scared of seeing death, as in having a car crash and having a dead person lieing there infront of you.

It just makes me feel empty inside, its a hard feeling to describe.
    I have watched both my father and mother die. My dad died at home after being sent home from hospital to die. His passing was more humane than my mother's passing . She died in a hospital bed,frightened out of her wits with tubes coming out of every orifice.

sMINT I don't know how old you are but I have to say that accepting death etc becomes easier as you get older (I think).

I have to agree with Purplehaze and I would have said exactly what he has - weird eh? Lol. I have seen a few dead bodies (not loads only old aunts and my parents). It is like a an empty shell is all that I can say. The dead body of a person to me didn't feel like it was the person they were. God, this is difficult to explain. I don't want to be graphic, but when I saw my own mother in the chapel of rest I wept that it wasn't my mum. It's the body but I can assure you nothing of the person seems to be there - and this is very much how Purple described it.

It really isn't that scary honestly - this is just a thought you are having which is frightening you because it's an untouched on subject I guess.

I too am a christian and death doesn't scare me - nope I'll be dancing through them old pearly gates when I go and I'll be seeing all the loved ones who went before me.

Please don't worry yourself. If it's scaring you just change that thought to something happy as quickly as you can. xx Take care.

I've never seen a real dead person before. The only think I can think is, if I am confronted with a situation, I will handle it. I don't know how, I suppose I'll find out if or when it happens. It's not exactly an everyday thing.

If it happens to you, you'll handle it.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

Thread Information