Thread: Facial Rash also on palms of hands and soles of feet

Facial Rash also on palms of hands and soles of feet

Hi All

I am very new to all of this, but wondered if any of you could help me.

I am actually inquiring on behalf of my hubby.

He has been off work since december with bowel problems... the doctors have ruled out coilitus and any other sinster illness... they are saying possibly it could be IBS or maybe nervous bowel.

He is extremely frustrated as no one seems to be giving him any answers.

A couple of days ago, he was sitting at home having a glass of beer when I noticed that the whole of his head went bright red and the rash carried on to his neck and top of back and stopped, I also noticed that the palms of his hands and the soles of his feet were also really red, and his knees too.
    This happened again today. The attack seems to last for around 1 - 2 hours then goes away... happens in the evenings.
    He is taking copromol (i think that is the name of the tablet.. for IBS) and high blood pressure tablets...
    When he has this happen it takes all his energy from him.
    Has anyone every experiienced anything like this.
    I might add on both occassions he had a couple of beers. but he has had beers inbetween and no attack???
    Can anyone help???

Kind regards

Sue

Re: Facial Rash also on palms of hands and soles of feet

You should speak to the doctor... or call NHS Direct 0845 46 47.... I was like this when I took Penicillin or Trimethoprim.... he could be allergic to the medication. It would be dangerous to keep taking the tablets without informing the doctors of the rash as allergic reactions can sometimes get worse. I would atleast call them to be on the safe side. When I took Penicillin, i had a rash that started on the soles of my feet and the palms of my hands and it slowly crept up my arms and legs and turned into welts and itched. I dont think its the alcohol.... but it could easily be the medication.

Re: Facial Rash also on palms of hands and soles of feet

Hiya, is the IBS medicine called colofac? and what does he take for his blood pressure?.....various medicines can cause a 'flushing' type rash with alcohol

Thread Information