Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: does it go away???? and stop???

my panics started all of a sudden , it was my way of putting a drama into a steady life id never had before, i needed that drama because that was all i was used to, strange i know, but no if you know my family!!!

since the firts teffifying attacks i think i have health anxiety, im not a hypocondriact but i worry about my mental state too much, i even thaught i was going schizophrenic and it took a long time to realise im not going mad!!!! it was anxiety! i just seem to always be thinking about have i got any symptoms and stuff, its the first thing i think of in the morniing and if i wake through the night etc

Hi, got up this morning feeling crap [V]. Stressed and a feeling of not being able to cope with the distress of the day. Not again I think, will it ever go - I'm about to go on holiday and feel like this. Rode through the attack and had a chuckle at what that Catharine Tate school girl character: "Am I bothered", I say to my self - "Look at my face, am I bothered".

Then I try and turn it around into positives (not easy) - It is best to give oneself credit for what has been achieved - e.g. Yes I didn't go to sleep until the early hours but I went to sleep when I thought I never would. I didn't fight my feelings and thats why I did sleep in the end and I got a lot achieved yesterday despite feeling tired and stressed. OK, the bad feelings/panic came back (urghhhh) but ok, whats the worst that can happen, just a lot of what ifs.

A tip I have found handy in the past. I try to break up what seems a monsterous challenges and tasks into small bits and then congratulate myself for achieveing each step. When I first started to work, I crossed off each day I survived by colouring a section of a calender. I didn't stride ahead of myself but was thankful about what I had already done. I used to look forward to that when I felt bad and focused on it when things seemed tough. I know it sounds a small thing but little things make differences. There are no magic wands out there but there is hope for recovery sneaking up on you in the end if ignore the panic. Sure there are blips, "but am I bothered" When I go on holiday on Saturday, I will congratulate myself and feel good about even getting to the airport - again small things building to bigger and better things. It is all about changing the focus, dwelling on positives instead of negatives. I sure hope it works this weeked. I feel better just reminding myself what is important.

WOW VERY INSPIRATIONAL

Good for you Tulip .

Small steps with comfort and recognition of success are vital.

We're all heading to T3 with you in spirit on Saturday...

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information