Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Because Di told me to!

Because Di told me to!

Diane07, our esteemed mod in chat told me to put my story here..so I daren't ignore her!

This week, I have been across our local park, well common actually, to go to Sainsburys. managed it although it was horrible.
    Got loads of support from the folks on here both before and after the journey.
    I wasn't able to get out for a few days after this, mainly because I have been suffering from severe oedema (swelling) on my feet and ankles. I couldn't even get my trainers on and that fact coupled with the leftover nerves I had from Monday's journey meant I stayed at home.
    But after a conversation I had with someone here (you know who you are! ) I made an appointment at the docs for Friday.
    This is actually a big deal for me because I have a mistrust of the medical profession when it comes to my own health.
    On Friday..drum roll...I left my house and walked to the doctors. 15 mins away. ALONE. Yes, I did stop along the way and sweat and curse under my breath, yes, I did wish myself anywhere but there..but I knew I wasn't truning back, not even when the panicky voices in my head kicked in.."breath slowly..distract yourself..don't distract yourself, deal with how you feel..float don't fight"..you get the picture. Brain overload.
    Funnily enough, I didn't collapse, my legs did carry me and I sat in that surgery in disbelief. Did I just really do that journey? Damned right I did
    And then I did it home again. It was great, going home. No urgency and being able to stop and look around..priceless.
    I went out again later and got a bit wobbly but it was ok, went out shopping with my daughter.

I don't follow anyone's method, don't have help from the Gp (I know, I know ) don't do CBT or mindfulness. I am not knocking any of these in the slightest and I am a firm believer in whatever helps you through then you should do it.
    What has helped me is knowing that so many people care about me..they have never met me but that doesn't matter, they will still support me whether it's here on the forum or in the chatroom.
    I know there is mixed opinion on whether it is counter-productive to ask for reassurance from other anxiety sufferers, nah, I don't think so.

From your advice, support and care for me, I have gained strength. Your words have given me strength to carry on when my problems seem unsolvable, your friendship has seen me through moments when I could quite easily have given up.
    When I'm out there facing my fear, even though I have never met you, it's your voices I can hear in my head...telling me to keep practising, not give up, reminding me that the fear isn't out there in a particular place, it's in my own head.

Thanks

PS. Will that do Di?

Re: Because Di told me to!

well done ladybird. you done great
    love debera

WOO HOO LADYBIRD,

Way to go and like i said that is a huge achievement, a massive one and one to be very very proud of yourself for,

keep going hun because i'm watching and learning from you, and i'm gonna push myself today because of you. I'm gonna do a walk on my own...........gulp!

Do keep posting hun with your achievements as it helps us and encourages us too

well done

di xx

Well done you should be so proud of yourself...things can only get better xxxx
    hug-1.jpg

Woooooooow that a gal lady

Hope you are very proud of yourself hun because you should be.
    Love Lisa
    xxxx

well done you!!!! dont mean to sound preachy but in my own personal experience that big first step was the worst - if you can do that you can do anything

well done your doing great just remember step by step every extra step forwards an achievement keep setting yourself small goals the super market the doctors whats next?

I wondered how you'd been doing..... and there you are off on your journeys!

Well done you. Bet that daughter of yours is well chuffed

Well done on that journey In my head i walked every step of the way with you I know just how it fells when you are happy to be halfway there and the panic kicks in shouting "go home go back" it is so hard to ignore those voices.
    It is so nice that you can "hear" the unknown voices from the NMP posters and chat room friends - what a boost to your confidence
    Well done - I repeat Well done
    Best wshes
    june

am so proud of you Lady, keep going, you can do it

Emms xxxxxx

The Sticky Kitchen on facebook!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information