Thread: Prescription Charges ?

Prescription Charges ?

Hi.
    Wasnt to sure where to put this., but......Just wanted to ask if anyones got a prepaid prescription payment card thats due to expire within the next month?
    If you have a cert i just wanted to say that if your due to renew and can afford it, try to renew before the 1st of april and you will still get the card for the pre-rise price and save yourself a little money....
    While the rise itself is small, from £7.10 to £7.20, a yearly certificate is £102.50 (£104 from 1 April) and a 3 month certificate is £27.85 (28.25 from 1 April)...and there is the option for a 12 months cert to purchase on a direct debit scheme, which is the cost of a 12 months cert spread over 10 months and its really easy to set up.
    Prescriptions are free in Wales, staying at £3 in N.I. and dropping to £4 in Scotland from 1 Apr.
    Hope you dont mind me saying...
    xxxxxx
    Last edited by lesleya; 25-03-09 at 19:43.

Re: Prescription Charges ?

Please take a look at my thread about prescription charges here:- http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthr...842#post475842

Els
    xxx

Re: Prescription Charges ?

Yes Elspeth
    The HC1 (help with health costsi 1) is the form you fill in to apply for help with all of your health costs ie prescriptions, dental
    (except cosmetic treatment) and optical treatentment (optical allows for free eye test and a voucher towards the cost of your glasses/lenses/contact lenses and the value of the voucher depends on the prescription given by your optician).
    It also entitles you to claim help with travel costs if you need to travel to a nhs hospital to see a nhs consultant - refund claim form iis called an HC5
    Each claim is assessed individually based on the information given in the HC1 claim form. There is no 'maximum' amount as it depends entirely upon the circumstances of an individual or family.
    HC2 is the cert sent when your given full help with costs
    HC3 is the cert sent if you only qualify for partial help towards your costs.

Take care
    xxx
    Last edited by lesleya; 26-03-09 at 13:38.

Thread Information