Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Please Help Me! I'm scared of dying.

Re: Please Help Me! I'm scared of dying.

Quote Originally Posted by mom1982 View Post
    Hi Noa, yes i've seen my GP & she referred me to a psychologist. I have also seen a counselor but it doesn't really help. The psychologist says it's all in my thinking and i need to change the way i think and rationalise that if i get tests done and they come back normal then i should not worry. that all the thoughts are garbage and i need to tell them to go away. i havent seen my psychologist & counselor for 1 month now. I"m just too lazy & it doesn't help me that much. My GP told me to take anti anxiety medication but i did not. I am afraid of the side effects of medication as well so prefer not to take anything. Everyday i up & down for me but a lot more downs lately. I believe in the bible & there's lots of evidence the bible is true & it says there's a heaven, that's why i believe in it. We can't be here for no purpose or reason. I don't believe the earth was an accident, a big bang & I don't believe we can possibly we evolved from apes. When there is still apes around that are not evolved. No offense to anyone else but I'm just stating my beliefs cause Noa asked me to.

Do you use msn? maybe we can chat there?
    Just about all of us are scared of death in some way shape or form because it really is unknown. I'm not Christian, born Catholic but live in the Bible belt of the US and married a Christian. I don't consider myself religious but I do believe there is a God. I don't know much about the whole creation vs evolution argument, but I believe both could occur. The way I see it, for Evolution to happen the seed has to be placed just like the big bang. What created the matter and atmosphere for that to occur? There are bigger things out there that science just can't explain.

I also believe in Ghosts and the Paranormal, something that goes against my Catholic up bringing. I've been reading about it for years and have been in haunted places. Most would call me crazy since I believe that our energy can live on after we die. Basically I am on the side that there may be something there after we die. I'm in the middle of a book called 90 Minutes in Heaven (Don Piper is the author) about a gentleman that was in a horrific car accident. He died and went to Heaven and came back to his body and wrote about his experience. It's a very religious book so if that does not bother you, you might want to read it.

If the you believe in the Bible and it gives you comfort to read I say read it and let it guide you. I see the Bible as a guide to help you live your life if you choose that path.

I've been suffering with Anxiety for two years and have all the same fears. I had to go back on medication again because it all came back for no reason and here I sit with the side effects of the medicine.. I understand your fears..

hi i feel the same i had these thoughts since i was about 8 i am now 19 and they just keep geting worse and worse i feel like i cannot plan for the future i just take it day by day i get alot of pains im scared of having a hart attack when i get them i just think im guna die i get horrible things going though my head like iv got internal bleeding or iv got cancer just there is always somethink wrong with me i cant sleep i avoid going to bed. i want to talk about it but i feel like people will laff at me and tell me im being perfetic but its so horrible i just want it all to go away i try telling myself its all in my head but then the pains come im so scared but now i no im not alone I NEED HELP

i have been having this a bit too lately

I feel like this everyday. Its a bit different though, im not as scared of getting ill and dying, i worry about the fact that i cannot run away from death and eventually one day i will die.

This first started when I was younger and my cousin died when she was just 10 years old from an accident. When that happened (i was also 10) it suddenly occurred to me that I would also one day have to die. I used to cope by speaking to my mum for comfort but now im 20 and dont live with her any more and now that im older and not as naive it is not that much of a comfort any more. I know it seems silly and my boyfriend does not understand and does not seem to be able to say anything that helps. It makes me feel better that there seems to be many more people out there that are also scared. But i wonder if believing in afterlife, heaven etc will help me? I have been considering attending church? Does anyone think this will help or not? I believe that if god exists then he wouldnt help me anyway as I come across as selfish as i am only seeking reassurance through religion now that i am in need of some reassurance. i need to get over this, its ruining my life, i feel sick all the time and cry everytime i think about it, im so depressed and i dont know what to do.

Charlotte; I’m a Christian, and would also see myself as selfish and arrogant. But you see that’s the whole point of Christianity; all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, which is why Jesus died for our sins to save us :-) I promise you that God loves you, and he will help you if you seek him. Just like the father welcomed back the prodigal son (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+15%3A11-32&version=NIV). In this parable, the father is God, and we are the son. God loves us, no matter what we have done, and if we turn to him for mercy and forgiveness, we receive this through Jesus Christ. Not only does God forgive us; he lavishes his love on us and gives us eternal life!

Definitely going to church will help you; I promise you. Try and find a lively, spirit-led church. You won’t regret it.

I used to be very scared of dying and stuff; a bit of a hypochondriac. But when I realised that God is real (I don’t just mean believed; I’ve heard him speak to me personally, and heard stories of miraculous healings such as stunted legs growing after prayer), I realised that death is not the end. Only the beginning

Put your faith in Jesus and you don’t need to be scared any more.

Don't be afraid of the doctor he will help you and give you some tests to prove you are physically well. You may be exhausted having young kids and all. Many people suffer from anxiety especially when they're stressed out. See your doc and things will start going in the right direction for you. At least you've got a hubby there with you many people are alone with such nightmares. Good luck luv will I'll think of you tonight.

Im 20 and am scared of dieing I go to bed thinking will i wake up tomorrow? Can Any1 help as its getting me down

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread Information