Thread: Weird Stuff..

Unhappy Weird Stuff..

Hello, I'll tell you my story and let me know what you think.. No I've never been to a doctor or anything.

Back in November of 07 is when symptoms started. I lied in bed one night, and happened to rub my fingers on my cheek in a way that felt strange. It felt almost like I was pushing my fingers into my face, with sort of a thump thump, tingly sensation. This felt funny, I kept doing it for a while and went to sleep. The next day in class I was brushing my right hand's knuckles against my left hand's fingers out of boredom, and randomly got this same onset of feeling in my hand. From there I got this feeling any time my hands would touch each other. This scared me a lot, and I felt this feeling against anything, my coat, my backpack, everything felt like it had no surface, or my hand was gliding along a vibrating surface.

The part that I found weird was that the ANTICIPATION of these feelings seemed to be the cause of them from there on. Eventually, through convincing myself I was gradually feeling better, doing things and keeping active, it became a thing of the past, with relapses every so often.

The last time I felt this way was before last summer. Recently, after a trip to Florida during my march break, I happened to come across one of these feelings while grabbing my brother's arm, I shook it off and tried to forget about it, which didn't really work. I'm now in the process of a strange relapse, where the sensation in my hands is quite minimal, BUT, the anticipation of these feelings is there, I don't know why.

Only a few things actually FULL ON give me the described sensation, like running my thumb along the jagged edge inside my jeans.. Like, WHAT? So stupid.. but my hands are always cold and clammy now, and reaching inside my bag to pull books out is dreadful anticipation, I'm AFRAID of the feelings coming back, simply because they seem so close.

Anyways, I just thought I would put this out there.. Don't expect many people to read all this junk.

Re: Weird Stuff..

I've honestly never heard of anything like this, but I'm sure you shouldn't be worrying about it. It sounds like you might generate more static electricity than usual? Or maybe the nerves in your hands are more sensitive than usual? The thump-thump sensation could be you feeling your own pulse in your fingertips.

I would recommend, as always, that if you are worried you should speak to your doctor for your own peace of mind.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

Re: Weird Stuff..

It can't be, otherwise it wouldn't only happen when I hit a wave of anxiety.

Thread Information