Thread: Scared to sleep tonight... bad experience yesterday :(

Unhappy Scared to sleep tonight... bad experience yesterday :(

I had a terrible night last night. I felt jittery & on edge (im not on any meds & didnt take caffeine) & forced myself to bed cause i was tired.

I suddenly woke up in the wee hours of the morning with my heart racing(it was different than when i had panic attacks a long time ago). My heart was like fluttering & i could feel the beats in my whole body... i felt like i was trembling. I didnt remember having any dreams before that happened & wasnt thinking of anything upsetting. it just happened. I never experienced this feeling before.

Has anyone felt this before? I'm afraid to sleep tonight :(
    "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
    - - -
    If you treat every situation as a life and death matter, you'll die a lot of times. ~Dean Smith
    - - -
    Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy. ~Leo Buscaglia

Re: Scared to sleep tonight... bad experience yesterday :(

This is what happens to me every night for the last week or two. Not very nice, is it. I've started to feel nervous when it gets to the later hours cos I know I'm gonna wake up feeling horrible.

The only answer is to keep going to bed as usual, cos it won't always be like this. You might have a perfectly normal night's sleep tonight. Don't let one bad experience upset you.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

poets right mom dont let a bad night pray on your mind
    think back to last good night you had and put it down to tiredness a deep dream you cant remember.

i hav this every night its awful but it is down to anxiety , hope you had an okish night sleep last night
    amanda

Actually i did. it didn't happen again last night & i slept through. Heart doing the weird beats right now & im getting some chest pains. Am trying not to panic coz it must be anxiety but it still scares me & I feel crappy.
    "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
    - - -
    If you treat every situation as a life and death matter, you'll die a lot of times. ~Dean Smith
    - - -
    Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy. ~Leo Buscaglia

You'll be fine, you might have been scared to go to bed but you did it and you got a good night's sleep, something to be very pleased about

You will be fine, have another good night's sleep, the more time you put between you and your unpleasant experience, the better

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

I used to get this when my anxiety was really bad I would wake up 2.30 am every morning heart thumping dizziness etc I could not recall any nightmares or bad dreams just as though I was fighting to wake up, don't let it put you off going to bed or don't try to stay awake when you feel yourself dropping off, it will stop when your anxiety begins to settle, I found the more attention I gave this the more it occurred and the more exhausted I was I think thats whats known as a vicious circle.

Good Luck

Debbie

Thread Information