Thread: what do you guys think?

what do you guys think?

Hi guys and gals - well I've gotten myself in quite a pickle
    As some of you already know I have had my first job since before I started having panic for almost a year and I like working. The job itself kind of (pardon my language) sux but, it's money and I even got my own car that I am paying on myself.
    But here's the problem - the company is enforcing a new dress code that requires us to tuck our shirts in, which I know sounds like it's no big deal but to me it is. Since I have started having panic I've put on A LOT of weight and am very self conscious about it. But its the new rule and if I don't do it I will lose my job. Also I was put in for a raise almost 6 months ago and still haven't gotten it cause they lost the paperwork. People who are starting now are making as much as I do so I'm not real happy with them anyway. But the main thing is the fact that I have a big tummy and don't want it sticking out for all to see. I have been looking for a new job but there just aren't any around here.
    So please be honest - is it just my pride? should I just do it and get over it? What do you all think?
    I'm sorry to bother you all with something so stupid but I have no one else to talk to about this and need some input.
    thnx guys

I would say that tucking shirt in is better than losing job..

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

I would agree with sarah - tuck your shirt it and you'll have nothing to worry about - on the other hand, if you dont then it may cost you your job eventually - and a lot of places do have dress codes, so you may have to face this again.

I say tuck it in and be proud

Tatty B xx

Hi Eeyore,

We've all got bits of us that we dont want to draw attention to - I know I have but not sure I would want to lose my job over it.

Its a confidence thing really. Confidence can make anybody attractive, so you tuck your shirt in and be proud that you are out there making a living as that really is something to be proud of.

Well done!

Love Piglet

HI I would feel exactly the same as I have big tummy and hate it without a big t shirt over, I would tuck the very bottom in and then kind of ruffle the extra over so its tucked in but waistband covered, clear as mud?? I certainlly would not loose my job because of it,love Alexis,xx

Thread Information