Thread: Back Again!

Back Again!

Hi Everyone, this site has been so much help to me in the past, though I dont post much anymore I always visit and never delete of my fav toolbar. I have been doing very well, still on the medication but doing ok.

Until last week, was rushed into hospital with suspected Heart Attack turns out it was not (which was good) more likely stress and panic! But when they did a x ray of my chest the radiographer noticed something and ordered a CT Scan...yikes. Had CT scan of chest and Liver with the dye stuff and still waiting for results.

My consultant on the ward said he was not too worried about what they found but I AM. They could not tell me anything else, I got into such a panic that I discharged myself as they could not give me any results until possilbe Monday as there was no one to type up the notes. I was told not to worry but of course I am, I have googled which I know is a no no. So now I have all kinds of terminal diseases!

Keep thinking what if etc and feel myself slipping back. I am so glad I have this site as just typing this helps.

Thanks for reading.

Re: Back Again!

Hey Turnthelighton,

It seems a little cruel that they haven't given you any information; did you tell them that you suffer from panic and just how much this would make you worry? On the plus side, Monday is tomorrow so you only have one day to wait!

My sister was suffering with severe headaches and dizziness, and when we took her to the docs they told her she was going to have to have a brain scan and blood tests. You can imagine how frightening this was for all of us. And guess what? All results came back fine, she is just suffering from cluster headaches and, in my opinion, anxiety.

So really, don't worry. I know, it is really easier said than done, but I am sure it will all be OK, and is probably just precautionary.

Keep us posted, take care of yourself in the meantime,

Danny xxx

Thanks Danny for the reply. Fingers Crossed and I will keep you posted. x

Quote Originally Posted by turnthelighton View Post
    Hi Everyone, this site has been so much help to me in the past, though I dont post much anymore I always visit and never delete of my fav toolbar. I have been doing very well, still on the medication but doing ok.

Until last week, was rushed into hospital with suspected Heart Attack turns out it was not (which was good) more likely stress and panic! But when they did a x ray of my chest the radiographer noticed something and ordered a CT Scan...yikes. Had CT scan of chest and Liver with the dye stuff and still waiting for results.

My consultant on the ward said he was not too worried about what they found but I AM. They could not tell me anything else, I got into such a panic that I discharged myself as they could not give me any results until possilbe Monday as there was no one to type up the notes. I was told not to worry but of course I am, I have googled which I know is a no no. So now I have all kinds of terminal diseases!

Keep thinking what if etc and feel myself slipping back. I am so glad I have this site as just typing this helps.

Thanks for reading.
    Well if they were prepared to let you discharge yourself they cannot be that worried about the CT results.

Well I have phoned the hospital and chased and basically they have said if it was anything to worry about they would have phoned. I have also phoned my doctor to see if the results have been sent to them but they only have my A & E results so I am trying not worry about that now. I still have the pain in the middle of my chest and between my shoulder blades but it more like an ache and comes and goes.

I have refrained from doing doctor google on it !

Thread Information