Thread: help please! Out of control

Question help please! Out of control

I have been taking meds citalopram and amitryptiline since dec and it took me till this month to start getting my life back and doing normal things around the home, but signed sick from work. Anyway we had a dog on Wednesday and I have completely cracked again! In fact I don't even want to get out of bed . This is day 4 spent in bed and I can't cope with anything at all. My anxiety and panic are so bad it is debilitating me to the point I am a nervous wreck with all the symptoms. My children are suffering and my hubby is having to do everything. He must be stressed out. I wanted the bloody dog so its my fault but I've been reduced to taking a tranquiliser to calm down. Please help as I am frightened to death of my thoughts and physical feelings. Phoned dr on thursday and she just told me to take an extra amitryp. Spoke to counsellor on phone and he said it will pass if I tell myself this!?!? But I am not getting better. Keep retching also and feel so sick I can't eat much. Omg- what can I do?

Re: help please! Out of control

Your psychologist is not helping. Even I can't tell myself it will pass. it's not that simple. maybe you should see another doctor & psychologist if your situation is so bad & they are not helping. you have to force yourself out of bed. i stay at home everyday cause i have no mood to leave the house. and its a terrible feeling. i have been lying in bed using the computer lately which i think is making it worse. at least sit in living room, the bedroom can be quite depressing, trust me i feel the same. i feel happy when i meet with friends but i dont have any close ones & i only meet people once in 2 weeks at mothers group in church which is great n im happy but then the next 2 weeks suck until i get to go again. you need some people around you.

why is the dog not helping? i thought dogs are good for anxiety?
    "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
    - - -
    If you treat every situation as a life and death matter, you'll die a lot of times. ~Dean Smith
    - - -
    Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy. ~Leo Buscaglia

Hello
    I am sorry to hear how you are feeling. I was like this last year and spent all day every day being sick several times a day with anxiety. I could barely move due to the effects of anxiety and became very unwell and was diagnosed as having a breakdown. It lasted for months but now I am 99% better, so you will eventually recover. It wont always be how it is now.
    Having a dog is a change in your life and household and this can be what has caused you to feel more stressed. I know this sounds mad but when I was really ill I was bought a kitten as a present - I wanted the kitten - but the fact there was a change in circumstances in the house by having her around made me lots worse. I felt like I really could not cope with her as I was not even coping with myself! I would tell anyone who is really suffering with anxiety not to make any lifestyle changes until feeling better and ready to cope. The cat is now a massive part of my life, I love her to bits, and I bought another one - and they both have really helped calm and relax me and they are a great distraction and fun to have around. They sense when I am upset and they honestly have helped me during my illness so much. At times when I just didnt want to leave the security of my bed, they were the only reason why I got up, because I knew they had to be fed and let outdoors.
    Dogs are obviously a lot more demanding.They require a lot more attention. Does your husband know unwell you feel? I think for now, you are going to have to really just concentrate on getting yourself better. I had to literally just switch off from everyone for a while and concentrate on myself when I was ill. I explained to people and they understood.
    I would either contact your gp again and explain how bad you are feeling or could your husband have a word with her. Sometimes I really dont think unless other people step in and say just how unwell we are that gps dont realise. I am terrible for playing down how I feel sometimes to my gp. Maybe your medication needs changing?
    Your counsellor sounds useless...Oh yes let it pass...why hadnt we all thought of that one before!!! I would get another counsellor personally - some counsellors are just plain stupid. I truly hope things improve for you.

if only we could make it pass, what a stupid comment ,i know how you are feeling as i feel exactly the same we need help not hindrance for god sake why dont the medical services ever listen to a cry for help i get so annoyed hope it gets better for you soon

amanda

thanks for your replies. My usual dr is good but he's on holiday and the woman I spoke to clearly didnt care a bit. Poppy you are spot on about the change in situation being the cause. I got out of bed for a cuppa and las ted all of 5 minutes. Now I'm back there shaking ! I really am getting depressed from this anxiety. I had a med change in December. I had been on seroxat for 11 years and I was having spells of extreme panic/anxiety. I went through withdrawal and started citalopram. I clearly am no better on these after all?!?!

thanks to my old dr who tripled my amitrip dose, I am starting to calm down a bit. Got out of bed yest and today.

Thread Information