Thread: Boring Girl, 21, seeks equally boring person to talk to!!

Boring Girl, 21, seeks equally boring person to talk to!!

This site seems too good to be true! It would be great to get in touch with some like minded people. I have tried explaining my problems to friends, but they never understand. I have social phobia, yet they constantly invite me to go out with them. Argh! My own fault for not explaining how fu**ing 'different' I am! I come across as a person obsessed with germs and anxiety, I can be depressed on the inside, but I do believe in putting on a brave face, and can laugh at anything! Brought up on my Grandad's philosophy, where his hat blew off in the wind, others would have chased after, yet my grandad merely said "I never liked that hat anyway". If only we could all adopt a similar attitude!

I would love to get in touch with a penpal male/female any age, just to chat! Thanks!
    Last edited by FuzzyTaytoPeach; 30-03-09 at 01:53.

Re: Boring Girl, 21, seeks equally boring person to talk to!!

Your Grandfather's philosophy on life is a good one indeed.

I won't make a good penpal because of my own anxiety/agoraphobia/depression, but I felt I had to write something.

It can be tough for friends to understand, even family. I doubt any of us could if we didn't suffer from these conditions ourselves. I hope you do manage to explain things to your pals. Maybe individually, so they've a good chance of keeping up. Heh!

I'm glad you have a sense of humour. I find that really helps.

Overall though you sound pretty much together and positive. I'm glad you found the forum. Even though I'm still a prisoner in my own house, it helps to know one isn't alone.

Best Wishes
    Gary
    Last edited by gary_2.0; 31-03-09 at 19:07.

"I am a part of all that I have met;
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."

- Tennyson

For Those Who Shop Online, you can support No More Panic very easily. Read more here and here. If No More Panic has helped you, consider making a donation.

Hi there and to NMP.

You certainly dont sound boring to me, Far from it! and yeah your grandad sounds like a wise man. You might be suffering from anxieties but while ever you'r living by his philosophy your'e already winning the battle!!

Aww, thank you for the replies guys! Yeah, I'm in a much better place at the moment with regard to my depression. But still have a lot of anxieties that make some days hard to deal with. But as you've said it's just good knowing there are people here to talk to and relate to. Thanks!

If you want an equally boring person, I am always here to talk to, PM me if interested.

Sue aka Catwoman. x

You sound exactally like me (except im 20 lol) I love this site, not just getting support, but i love giving it. Possibly for selfish reasons as it takes my mind off my problems

Anyway, similar problems as you, specially with the friends thing, so pm me if you want to chat.

Prue x

Your troubles make you more interesting than the rest. You do not have time to be bored. Anyhow what is normal?? How do we know that the way CBT therapists way to think is the correct way to think.

We think and think and think and think..and that is why we are more interesting than people who have to go drink themselves in to an early grave or jump of a bridge to get a buzz. We get a buzz from exsistingk not the right buzz but still a buzz.

I think you are wonderful. I think you should realise how many people as well as you are suffering in some way or another I feel you would not feel alone if you really knew how many people feel like you and also put on a brave face to the world.

Mee

Just posting because that phrase your grandad coined gave me a chuckle, think i'll be remembering that one.

By the way i suffer from social anxiety as well, yes my friends want me to come out with them as much as they go out, sometimes they will say, "oh yeh i forgot you have that thing".

But there are 3 of em who really are good mates, before i got around 50% better , they used to come and see me at my house and play on the wii, which was nice, made me feel like i still had friends left.

Hey Chic - I am also 21 - I dont mind chatting anytime could do with a girly mate - i dont have any x
    "You're not alone,Together we stand,I'll be by your side, you know I'll take your hand. When it gets cold, And it feels like the end,There's no place to go, You know I won't give in,No I won't give in...,Keep holding on, 'Cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through, Just stay strong,'Cause you know I'm here for you, I'm here for you...."

Thread Information