Thread: Palpitations and tea

Palpitations and tea

Hi!

Am I the only one getting palpitations from tea?

My first panic attack last year was triggered by green tea, and after this I haven't really dared drinking too much tea.

Today and yesterday however I have been drinking chamomile tea as it should be good for anxiety. It just seems, that for me it triggers even more palpitations than usual...

Allergy? caffeine? ...something else? Any ideas?

It's pretty weird that to me, coffee never affects me the same negative way as tea.

Best regards, Jens

Re: Palpitations and tea

Hi
    New here, not too sure what Im doing so please forgive me!
    I got really bad palpitations from chocolate, so much to my distress (chocoholic...it's been hell!) I gave it up. Im still getting the palpitations and now thinks its anxiety that's causing them. Im constantly taking my pulse which only makes matters worse and is driving me nuts! Perhaps I'll go back on the chocolate again!

HA! thanks for the reply... I also have a tendency to get palpitations from sugar, chocolate and fatty foods.

All the fun foods are basically banned now, but I guess ...umph... salad .. . could be - what's the word... nice ...sort of.

All the best, Jens

I dont mind salad, sad I know! If I was to cut out all the things in life that give me palpitations Id just be drinking water!!! (Hope its not the water causing it as Ive never tried cutting that out!!!).

I get really bad palpitations from coffee so I dont touch it now. I can get them from very strong tea too.

Has anyone had palpitations from healthy food? My guess is jen the green tea and palpitations were just coincidence and whenever you drink tea ,your mind goes back to then. I agree that TO MUCH tea and more so coffee can affect palpitations, but i believe that anxiety is the biggest culprit

Hi Jen

I think Sweetness is right and that it's just a coincidence that you felt the palps after the chamomile tea and not it that it's making you anx.
    Is it decaff coffee you are having or the 'proper' stuff? As if it's the strong stuff then limit your intake hun so as not to make you worse.

I'm on the chamomile too and loving it.

Take care of yourself.

Thread Information