Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Toilet roll obsession/cleaning OCD

Re: Toilet roll obsession/cleaning OCD

Lady Laura

See, I knew I'd forgotten something! I used to keep all my tapes/records/cd's in alphabetical order but now they're all over the place....and I can never find what I'm looking for!

Perfectionism........the scourge that causes OCD. I learnt that attempting to be perfect in everything I did made me rigid to change (black/white) so that when grey areas surfaced or when I couldn't get things just right, I'd tense up and the stress caused anxiety which then led to my OCD rituals.

Learning relaxation techniques and allowing yourself to make mistakes without worrying about it can go along way to helping cure OCD. If we can remain relaxed, we don't feel so much anxiety and so OCD doesn't then feel so intense so then is easier to resist.

I found a "so what" or "I don't care" attitude can go along way to helping keep relaxed. That doesn't just apply to OCD either because it can also help with all types of anxiety and their symptoms.

Now where was that cd I was looking for?.......oh well, what does it matter if it's not where I left it!...it'll turn up....I'll just have to play something else until it does turn up!

Thumbs down Re: Toilet roll obsession/cleaning OCD

Sorry to bring this up again but I'm actually worse since I posted this topic. It's quite embarrassing but a few weeks ago I got the toilets at my work closed off as I blocked the sewage system and it cost them to fix. I just require alot of toilet roll. I'm utterly paranoid about my back end being dirty..I am worried now it smells due to excessive cleaning. But before dinner, before I go out I have to check and use tissue.

I had a bit of an accident tonight where a bit landed on my leg so I'm freaked out had to get showered, prob bin any underwear. I'm in a bit of a mess about it feel ashamed. I mean the advice about using wipes helped but I can't take them to work and public toilets. But like I'd happily use a full toilet roll every time. It's like a comfort almost I tired to cut back but only lasted brief.

Basically I fear smelling or there being a little bit there. If I feel any moisture I have to run and clean myself. Maybe it's normal to have a little bit there but my OCD has to be perfectly clean because it's disgusting. But I'm freaking out easy and taking ages to get ready. Plus I feel my anxiety makes me want to use the toilet more so it can be like three times a day as it holds bits in its awful.

It's so embarrassing but I'm ashamed of this behavior.

OMG Phil! I have blocked two toilets before because i use sooo much loo roll, for fear of not being clean. I'm so glad i'm not the only one! I would happily use a whole roll each time i use the loo! Don't feel ashamed, it's a symptom of ocd, we can't help it! Least we're over clean rather than dirty eh?!

Take care

Madeleine.x

I have had OCD for about 15 years, starting in my adolescent years. Initially it had nothing to do with germs or hand washing but has developed in to this. To me going to the bathroom makes me feel dirty and creates a lot of anxiety. After I use the restroom and wipe I feel like my hands are dirty, obviously, but to the point where I don't want to pull up my pants until after I wash my hands because after wiping I feel like "what if I got pee/stool on my hand?" And if I did then I will get germs on my pants when i pull them up. You can see where this could pose a problem in a public restroom where u have to exit the stall to wash your hands...and obviously exiting the stall with your pants down would be frowned upon. I literally HATE going to the bathroom!!! I also feel like after sitting on a toilet seat, even if it's at my home, if I'm wearing shorts, then anywhere I sit afterwards gets germs on it! Does anyone else have any similar problems like this!!!?!!??!

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels* View Post
    I have had OCD for about 15 years, starting in my adolescent years. Initially it had nothing to do with germs or hand washing but has developed in to this. To me going to the bathroom makes me feel dirty and creates a lot of anxiety. After I use the restroom and wipe I feel like my hands are dirty, obviously, but to the point where I don't want to pull up my pants until after I wash my hands because after wiping I feel like "what if I got pee/stool on my hand?" And if I did then I will get germs on my pants when i pull them up. You can see where this could pose a problem in a public restroom where u have to exit the stall to wash your hands...and obviously exiting the stall with your pants down would be frowned upon. I literally HATE going to the bathroom!!! I also feel like after sitting on a toilet seat, even if it's at my home, if I'm wearing shorts, then anywhere I sit afterwards gets germs on it! Does anyone else have any similar problems like this!!!?!!??!
    Hi and welcome to NMP

Phil has got a recent thread here which may be relevant to you:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=173210

A lot of what he says seems to match what you say e.g. it's less about the germs and more about the dirt and has a strong emphasis on the toilet.

I still have this ocd

I can use about 4 toilet rolls a day expensive habbit. My biggest issue is cleaning in the shower takes me 50 mins to shower now and 20 Odd wipes problem is my backside is never 100% clean despite the fact I use all these rolls you would think I wouldn't have this issue?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information