Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who else get worse anxiety at night?

Who else get worse anxiety at night?

it seems like im pretty okay during the day but as soon as it gets dark outside i get really anxious and panic attacky. does anyone else feel that way?!

Re: Who else get worse anxiety at night?

Quote Originally Posted by aveeava View Post
    it seems like im pretty okay during the day but as soon as it gets dark outside i get really anxious and panic attacky. does anyone else feel that way?!
    My anxiety is worse before bed. It used to be in the morning but has changed over the last year. Very strange and annoying

Shelly

yeah its so strange. I always get it as soon as it gets dark outside id ont know what the heck it is but its really annoying i hate night time.

I get this, definitely worse at night. When I'm alone my mind goes into overdrive, so during the day I try my best to surround myself with people as a distraction, I live with 3 other people so it's usually not hard. But at night, when it's time to sleep, and I'm alone in my room, that's when it's worse. And I can't just go to sleep, because I've always had a terrible sleeping pattern, and lately it's like I've developed a phobia of sleep or something! Hence me still being awake now at 4.30am!

that i totally understand I go to sleep basiclly when i cant keep my eyes open any longer. its a bad thing to do to my body but i have such a fear of health problems that i never want to sleep. Theres nothing that ive found to help either.

Quote Originally Posted by kirstymc View Post
    I get this, definitely worse at night. When I'm alone my mind goes into overdrive, so during the day I try my best to surround myself with people as a distraction, I live with 3 other people so it's usually not hard. But at night, when it's time to sleep, and I'm alone in my room, that's when it's worse. And I can't just go to sleep, because I've always had a terrible sleeping pattern, and lately it's like I've developed a phobia of sleep or something! Hence me still being awake now at 4.30am!
    Same here.

I do, very bad every evening these days.
    It affects the sleep and i dont feel weel in the morning beacuse of it.

Im exactly the same, honestly i can feel it starting to come on now..its such a horrible feeling, i usually end up sobbing most night before bed, and i have aphobia of sleep:S

I'm the same - as soon as it gets dark my anxiety ramps right up, even if I've been having a good day until then. I find the worst is walking home from work in the dark, I usually end up in tears by the time I get home. Thank goodness we're on BST now is all I can say! I'm not scared of the dark, and I have no particular reason for being more worried and down in the evenings, it just seems to work that way. It mostly seems to manifest in agoraphobia, so I struggle to go places in the evenings that I'm perfectly happy in during the day. If I do go out, then my HA kicks in.

It's reassuring to hear other people get the same reaction, because all the stuff that my GP and counsellor have given me to look at on anxiety and depression say that people tend to be worse in the mornings, whereas I tend to feel ok in the mornings. Of course the paranoid HA part of me immediately thought 'oh no I don't fit the pattern, there must be something else wrong with me!' *sigh*

I get phobic of sleep too when I'm particularly bad. I'll stay up til 4am just so I don't have to sleep, and eventually drop off just through exhaustion. Fortunately I'm not that bad at the moment, I haven't dreaded going to sleep for a couple of weeks now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information