Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has it stopped working???!!!

Has it stopped working???!!!

I woke up this morning feeling so miserable and anxious I cant seem to shake it off
    I cant believe it Why would an anti depressant make me feel happy for days and weeks on end, making me think that at last I may start to be able to feel slightly 'normal' for once and then I wake up feeling miserable today
    Has anyone experienced this???? Does this mean that it isnt working? I upped my dosage yesterday - so do you think this is what has caused it?

Re: Has it stopped working???!!!

hi poppy,

I had a day like this yesterday , except i woke up feeling ok but by 11am i was in a right state, but I just had to remind myself how bad i was before I started the meds, yes, taking them are like a rollercoster, but I'm finding that the highs are getting higher , but the lows when they come are scary but not quite as low as they were before !

big hugs to you poppy,

love

Maria

Re: Citalopram - Has it stopped working???!!!

Hi Mo!
    Thanks for your post Its nice to know I am not alone in this. I have had the most awful day so far. I was doing so well. You know when things are going too well, you just know its not going to last!
    My agoraphobia is really bad today.I got all ready to go out - I get to the door and just couldnt do it. I have spent ages crying. I really thought the medication would help. I am scared I am going to spend my life being like this.

Poppy,

just try & remember how good you felt a few days ago, meds take a while to level us out, so the bad will still come usually when we least expect it , but the good will come back, but until it does, just keep talking to friends online, and we will send

Maria

Hi Poppy, damn I'm gutted you feel crap, but I felt depressed all day yesterday and today I feel a bit jittery but otherwise fine, so don't worry if you're feeling crap today, you'll probably be better tomorrow. Everyone here seems to have bad days on citalopram, you've just got to ride it out

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

Hey I came on this today and was going to start a new thread with the same thing! I have been taking citalopram for 3 months into my 4th month now since monday 20mg and have been great. But today I woke up and did not want to get out of bed I have been feeling down all day! hate this feeling. Im hoping its just a temporary blip as I got it 2 months ago and it left after a day or so. Fingers crossed for both of us xxxx

Hi everyone
    Thanks for all the replies - Mo, Poet and Asha
    I am glad I am not alone in this. I still feel down.
    I never suffered depression and was prescribed citalopram for anxiety reasons only really.
    Asha - do you still get down days even when you have been on them for months???
    Poet - Hi! Did you go onto citalopram for depression or anxiety reasons, or both? I am glad you are having a better day today.
    I wonder why an anti depressant would make people feel depressed??? Maybe in the early days I can understand that but not weeks on.
    I can deal with anxiety but not depression!!!
    I woke up like this today. Its horrid isnt it!
    Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

I went on citalopram for panic attacks that turned into anxiety and then depression. Anxiety and depression are from the same family anyway, they go hand in hand. You get depressed cos your quality of life deteriorates as you are anxious and vice versa! And I do get down days even when on them for months but they are few and far between! Wishing you good days tomorrow hunxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Asha1979 View Post
    I went on citalopram for panic attacks that turned into anxiety and then depression. Anxiety and depression are from the same family anyway, they go hand in hand. You get depressed cos your quality of life deteriorates as you are anxious and vice versa! And I do get down days even when on them for months but they are few and far between! Wishing you good days tomorrow hunxxx
    You said it perfectly. That's exactly what happened to me, except my depression is quite mild compared to most people on this site. It is very common for people who are on medication to still have bad times. If you get a migraine, migraleve won't stop 100% of the pain 100% of the time. No medication can be 100% effective.

Poppy, although medication gives you a useful break from your symptoms, you've got to remember that there is still an underlying problem which takes time to recover from. Depression and anxiety can get a lucky hit in now and then. It is scary when they "shoot through your shields" but you need to keep in mind how good you feel when the anxiety/depression has passed.

Even the darkest night ends with a sunrise

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

Exactly psychopoet couldnt agree more! You just have to try ride out the bad feelings and remember how good you feel when they pass x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information