Thread: Energy boosters

Energy boosters

Hi

Does anyone take anything that is effective for their energy.

I've been off citalopram since October and all is relatively good.

The only thing that is getting to me is that when I get unsure and anxious I find that I can become lethargic and that makes the anxiety worse.

I go walking which helps loads, but sometimes I just wish their was something I could take (ideally off the shelf) that would would give me a lift.

Feeling physically low is usually the first sign that send me downhill.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thnx.
    Last edited by eternally optimistic; 01-04-09 at 13:50. Reason: left word out

Re: Energy boosters

Hi Jay Ann, wow, nobody has replied to this yet??

I would recommend avoiding Pro Plus and other energy pills if you are feeling depressed, nervous or anxious, or if you find that caffeine causes headaches or stress.

If you don't have any of the listed problems you could try them. Pro Plus are caffeine pills which can really perk you up.

Vitamin B is a natural energy booster. You can buy super-sized doses. It doesn't hurt to take a lot of vitamin B as you will simply p*ss out anything your body can't use -- your urine will be a very bright orange colour!

If you believe you are heading into a downer then you should deal with whatever is making you feel low.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

Hi

Poet is right. Anything to boost energy levels be it these energy drinks, tablets ..whatever could have your anxiety levels going through the roof. Lethargy is a very common symptom of anxiety. We use up so much adreneline that it renders us feeling nackered.

Lots of Love

Hi Jay ann I know that pro plus interferes with the absorbtion of lithium so I cant take it. If you are on any other meds it is worth checking that they dont interact with these energy boosters

I take Berrocca and have done for a while. It is dissolvable so your body just takes what it needs. It has all the essential B and C vits plus a host of minerals.

I can't confess it makes me jump around like the advert but I do think that anxiety drains the body so it cant do any harm.

The Vit B Complex are good for the nervous system and to release emergy from food.

The C vit is an antitoxant and good for the immune system

It also has zinc for the immune system and energy plus magnesium for nervous system.

Take care

Allye

Bananas work wonders for me.. I cant stand them to be honest but i make myself eat 2 a day and it helps so much.. I also take a multi vitamin xx

Havent been on here for a while, so thanks all for replying.

After I posted this, I got myself some Vitamin B complex tablets which seem to be working well.

Was really fearful that the fatigue thing was going to kick in and that I would start to full apart and not be able to cope.

So cheers everyone.

Hello

I have been taking my vitamin b complex (double strength) tablets for approximately 3 weeks now and I am sure I am feeling slightly less uptight and more energised.

I was out and about yesteday with my daughter, trying to buy shoes, when she said "I can't believe how calm you are mum".LOL. I was!!! LOL.

Anyway, it might be in the mind, although I really took them as a last resort before I started going down hill.

So, if anyone is feeling tired or anxious (anxiety in a low key way) then these vits might help.

I am sure I have seen that you can be tested for low vitamin B's but I am always a bit uncomfortable in going to the doc's to ask for certain tests.

Bye for now.

Thread Information