Thread: Worried about stomach bloating

Worried about stomach bloating

I am slightly freaking out about having some bloating for the past 5 days. I had my gallbladder out about 6 years ago, less a few months. I have had this type of bloating for a day or so before my period. But this is longer and after it this time. I am scared about having some type of cancer or something. I don't really have any pain, no nausea or vomiting. I am having an ultrasound for ovarian cancer and some blood tests from my regular doctor. Depending on what that tells I am also going to do an upper Gi work up. At this point I am just scared silly. I am 41, so young for a lot of that stuff. But still, it scares me to the point of paralysis. sigh.....

Lisa

Re: Worried about stomach bloating

No one has any reply? Does this mean you all think it is serious? I did get my internal ultrasound and some blood tests to test pancreas and such, all were normal. I have an upper GI barium on Monday. I am very scared. I wake up and feel almost ok, but as the day goes on it gets worse and worse to wear I feel pregnant and have to loosen my clothes.

I had my gallbladder out 1 last year and since then have been diagnosed with IBS, one of my symptoms is bloating. I have read that a lot of people who have had their gallbladder removed end up with IBS. Has the doctor thought of IBS as a possible reason for your stomach issues?

I had severe bloating for a long time and went to see a dietician and we changed my diet and reduced fibre and bread etc.

One thing that helped was Activia - do you get that in the States?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Did you guys have bloating that got worse throughout the day? I don't really have any other symptoms like pain or loose stools or constipation so my doctor didn't think that was it. So not sure...

Thread Information