Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: citalopram

citalopram

well im new here and just want a bit of advice. I have been put on citalopram and this is my second day. I feel like i cant consentrate and go a bad headaches. I have been reading all about the side effects and now getting slightly worried about been on them, im on 20mg and just wondered is this normal to stay off on.

Re: citalopram

hi,

Yes, feeling odd is quite normal, if you read the threads under the citalopram in the meds section theres alot about these meds to make you feel reasured, it is scary , but if in doubt speak to you dr! , mine started me on 10mg and then went to 20mg after a week, good luck

hi, i will have a look thanks it is slighty scary, have long have you been on them?

hi,

Been on meds since 23rd Feb, was really low when I started & still get the odd low day (today being one of them) but I can honestly say that i feel they are helping me to be me again - if you know what I mean, I'm still only on 20mg which reading the other threads is still relatively low. but it has made a difference to me - i can still 'function' without being in tears all the blo*dy time.

yes i get what you mean, i dont no how long im on them or if there are going to up my dose. i got given 28 days then i have to go back when they run out. i was scared about going on them at first but im seeing it as a last resort because i cant cope and i didnt no what else to do.

hi,

make sure you go back before you run out, missing a tab can increase the side effects! I must admit my GP has been great, with reviews on how things are going every week in the offset & now every two weeks, unless I feel I need to see him in between , then he'll fit me in at the end of surgery or will phone me if im overly uptight about anything. It might be worth have a chat with your GP about the side effects, and maybe he'll lower the dose initally & build up slower.
    good luck

yeh ill go back before i run out, this GP is really good none of my others have believed me and he does so i dont mind going to see him. ill leave it for now i am coping with the side effects coz i dont want them to get any worse. thanks. so how old are you if you dont mind me asking. x

44 this month ! agh

aw that anit to bad, have you been depressed long

Hi

You won't feel very good for a couple of weeks whilst you're going through the side effect stage. A chemical has been introduced to your brain and the little neurotransmitters have to get used to the drug. You should feel better after a couple of weeks - you just have to get through the side effects with these meds - which some people get to lesser and greater degrees.

Take care.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information