Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stopped my Medication

Hi Apricot,

Forgot to say thanks for the support...head feeling a bit swarmy at present, so have been doing what you have suggested...telling myself that I CAN DO IT....I coped ok yesterday and will cope again today.

I must admit, Im feeling a liitle nervous as hubby is going out for a couple of hours..but Im not prepared to let myself get scared. I will be ok..(will tell myself that anyway)

Thanks Again

Hope your well

sadie

Hi Sadie,

Keep yourself occupied! I never used to worry about being on my own but I do at times now. My partner had to go to a works thing for chistmas and I didn't know how I was going to cope...but I did. Just keep busy. My parnter is out at the moment with the kids and I am here on my own, just remeber there was a time when you didn't think twice about being alone. Turn the negs into pos. And another thing I find that helps when it all seems to get too much, do something funny. Like stare into a mirror and pull the weirdest face you can, run around the house jumping and dancing silly or try to climb the stairs on your knees...just something to bring the kid out in you again, to make you smile !

Turn 'what ifs' into 'I can' and you will.

I have this nice funny image of you..climbing the stairs in your knees or maybe going down them on your bum...sounds like good fun but I dont have any stairs!!! Nevermind, Im doing the house work at the mo and got Will Young on so Im presently singing along to that...that will keep me occupied.

Also, my hubby has started to make mushroom soup but has left me with instructions on how to finish it. This involves using the belnder which is a piece of kitchen equipment that doesnt really like me...hopefully everything will be ok and that the soup wont end up all over me and the kitchen ceiling!! Will keep you posted on this...

Take care

sadie

Hi Sadie

Thanks for your reply. I suppose i think that because i have had the anxiety for so long and yes i have done well. There was a time when i was like you would hate to be left on my own used to panic terrible. So i know i'm so much better, its just this going away from the house, thats why i thought would take tabs, have had councelling for some time now. feel i'm at stale point right now. Councellor says that cause i have had panic for so long it is deeply in bedded into my mind and will take alot to get it out, and i do see what she means its just automatic to me now to panic. I know all there is to know about panic have read all the books, tried all the new herbal tabs that have come out. I drink lots of water take vits do the exerciseing only have one cup of tea. But i just cannot move from the panic of leaving home. So on one hand i am better but the other hand i'm not as my life is still ruled by fear and i am still trapped in my safety zone. So have decided will give them a try and if i'm not good on them then will just stop them what have i to lose.

Ps i look forward to getting to know you all, its so good to have somewhere to come that truely knows what i am talking about and do not have to explain myself.

Take care
    Pauline

pjpriest

Hi sadie!

You answered a post of mine earler, and, not being real familiar with the board, am still a little discombobulated(!) (how's THAT for a word)as to how it works and where folks are.

Anyways, I read with great empathy this series of posts by you. I know apricot and all the others have given you wonderful advice, but may I offer one thing that may or may not help.. When I suffered from my bad attacks in the 1980's, a counselor, who, unfortunately for me at the time, was not availiabe here for very long, DID give me a suggestion that gives temporary relief.

Perhaps this has been mentioned before (Remember, I'm a newbie), and to some, a little barbaric - but it may help a bit. It's called the amazing rubber band cure. Place a rubber band around your wrist. (Be sure and make sure it's not tight - you don't wat your hand to turn blue!!!). Whenever a surge of panic comes on you, give the band a snap, and see what happens.

Some may think this a form of negative reinforcement, but for me, it gives all those panicky chemicals flowing around your body something else to do! (You can almost hear them saying, "Who the heck just snapped me on the wrist!! Let's check it out".) The chemicals that go looking for who just popped you are much nicer than the ones that go swirling around our bodies (for me, my stomach), just looking for ways to make us miserable.

This may be too simple, and, granted, it only works very short term, but even a moment of peace in a tumultuous state is wonderful, as I all too well know!

Hang in there, remember, you're in the worst of it right now. It'll get better, 'cause folks like us care, and we don't let bad things happen to folks we care about!! (this would be the point I would insert a smiley face, but I haven't figured it out, yet...)

Rick

Thanks Rik,

Thaks for the advice..will give the elastic band thing a go..Im up for trying anything once.

Thought Id help you out with the smiley faces etc...instead of doing a quick reply...at the bottom of the page there is an option of 'Reply to topic', this will allow you to insert some smiley faces etc...

Well take care and speak to you soon!

sadie

Sadie,

Good for you, getting a good night after a difficult day .

You have been doing so so well. Review the last few weeks and the successes you've shared with us !!

I'm sure much of this is the fact that you cannot control whether you take the pills or not as you don't have any and cannot get any instantly !! So you're stuck at present.
    Your choice whether you return to them . We'll here whichever you choose. You will need to come off them one day and cope so that time could be now especially as you're already part way through ...

Sleep with you is important as the settling down in your brain will mostly be done whilst you're sleeping .

How was the soup ?

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Pauline ,

Meds can really give you a break and the extra confidence whilst you work on overcoming your fears but they are mood altering drugs and will not remove your fear process and triggers so do not just sit back and revel in being fear free when you're on them - really challenge yourself and work on getting over your fears so when oyu do come off them you are more prepared to cope without them .

Remember - settling in with meds may cause sideeffects for the first few days/weeks - be aware of this and don't panic with each twinge . It's normal !!

You can do it.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

hi rick,

we used the elastic band trick in the army,when stationed in belfast,we would go long stretches,without sleep,and if we felt our eyes closing,we would twang the elastic,and although it made our eyes water,it was better,than getting a bullet through the head.

its a great idea though,as you say,it gives the chemicals something else to think about..i also agree with nikki,when she says get annoyed.

i read a great article,and posted about it months ago.......this guy,had panic attacks for 20yrs,and could take it no longer...so next time he felt an attack coming on...he shouted out aloud <come on you bxxxxxd,come and get me,do your worse>,and it did,but he just sat there,and took it,as it was raging all over him,he kept shouting out<is that the best you can do>,well it subsided eventually,for the next few weeks,he still got panics,and each time,he would dare it,to do its worse,but it never did,he reckons he scared the sxxt out of it,and it was getting scared to come back....well over the next couple of months,the panics got less,and less,and when they did come,they were mild,so mild,he would laugh at them out loud.....its 5yrs or more now,since his last panic...he says sometimes he tries to bring one on,just to show it whos boss,but it wont come.

sorry to ramble on...best wishes..bryan.

hi everyone,

not doing so well now...all alone and had a massive panic attack. Had to phone NHS24 again and nurse thinks I need to speak to someone tonight to see if they can help me. Just phoned my friend who is coming over just now and taking me to GP.

Again feel like a failure...I just cant stop crying again. I keep getting the funny sensations in my chest and throat again...just want to disappear...

have to go

sadie

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information