Thread: India

India

Hi

I have delayed my flight again to India for another week, this is the last time I can do it. I dont feel any better and my swallowing and burping seems to be getting worse! I dont want to sound gross but I feel like there is mucus on my chest which is also making it difficult to swallow and I worry that I will choke on it!

I think I will go back to the doctors tom, I know they havent found anything but I dont know what else to do cos I am living on Complans and even they are becoming a struggle

Helen x

Helen

I have the same at the moment (had it for a few weeks now)and I am also feeling a bit sick with the mucus stuff in the back of the throat.

I know, however, that it can't kill me so I am ignoring it and eating and drinking as normal.

It will go when I start to calm down a bit and accept it and that is what I am trying to do.

If you let it be in the forefront of your mind it really takes over every swallow that you make so I am just accepting it is there for now but it will go.

I have just eaten a salad for lunch and even that seemed to be stuck in my throat but it went down ok.

Please try to ignore it - I know that is hard but it will go in time once you relax your throat a bit more and don't tense it up trying to swallow.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Thanks Nicola

You are right I think about every mouthful and always end up spitting the food out rather than swallow it!

I think because I've left it so long that it has turned into major event when I try to eat anything solid! I will keep trying though as I love my food and I keep telling myself to think of when I will be able to enjoy food again!

Helen x

Can you get icecream down ?

Yes - I can eat ice cream and custard!

Ok so now go to icecream with biscuit bits in

Thread Information