Page 13 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: "Dr google will see you now!!!"

Re: "Dr google will see you now!!!"

Hi everyone first post. The reason I go see doctor google is to try to find some re-assurance that I am actually ok. Today I woke up feeling a little anxious around lunch I started getting the tingled in my hands and feet. This is new and I went to see my doc a week ago. I have been stresses and extremely worried this last 2 months and my doctor says the tingling is a result of this. Of course I wouldn't believe him and had to look into it myself. I won't even type here some of the things I have diagnosed myself with. Googling did however lead me here, I have read other peoples experiences which have been similar to mine and now I feel much much better. So for once it turned out alright but generally it turns out to be a disaster think I am going to quit while I am ahead go spend some time with my son and stop sitting here worrying about nothing.

O Man, im so bad for "googling" anything ive got wrong with me! Goin through some tests at mo, ie, blood, ultrasound, Doc thinks i might have Gallstones" Or Ulcer, but i cant help but look up my symptoms on google & some of the stories you read about Arrrrr, then i cant get them out of my head all day & are convinced im dying!
    I AGREE, No More Dr Google!

Dr Google Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
    Are you serious regarding WIkipedia ???

That's often the worst link to click for information as anyone can edit that !!
    Posted this a while ago I know, but I'd best reply. ANY source should be verified before you act on the information. The Wikipedia standards says that any claim should be cited with it original source. If it isn't then you're free to ignore it.

While it is the case that the Wikipedia is publicly editable the pages are watched over by subject experts, and dodgy edits are soon removed.

Most of the bad reports about Wiki pages have come from subjective areas, eg political biographies, which have been altered to gloss over points they wish to be less prominent. The huge majority of science articles are accurate. A study in Nature compared the Wikipedia to Ency. Brittanica and it came out on a par, and with a much wider coverage.

Besides the Wikipedia, an recent article showed that Government run sites were relaibale and accurate, at least for childhood illness http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8611045.stm

one of us
    Made for justice, we clamour for vengeance.
    Made for relationship, we insist on our own way.
    Made for beauty, we are satisfied with sentiment.
    But new creation has already begun.
    The sun has begun to rise.

Tom Wright, The Bishop of Durham
    from Simply Christian

I think it is how we as health anxiety people intemperate the information. We are often initially reassured yet we crave even more, and if we keep looking and clicking on links before long we find what we dreaded!

I have seen doctors use Google when they don't recognise something, one doctor I visited had never heard of NASH, so Googled it, Google is a good reference tool if used as it is intended. Happy Googling !

Ive found the NHS site to be a useful tool, its government run full of advice and the health a-z is jam packed. http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/

lots of info on depression and mental health and self help topics than most people should find useful

My online diary http://adzcriz.blogspot.com/

google is FREDDY CRUGER in my opinion,very nasty,specially for sufferers like us,i did it the other week having what i know now,pulled a muscle in my side near my right lung ,google,well FREDDY, said it was lung cancer!!!!!,boy was i freaked out i didnt sleep for unessasary 3 nights,ill never do that 1 again i can tell you.google should have a warning KEEP OF sighn.stay well away from it guys,if you dont suffer with anything,you will reading googles diagnosis.xxx

JUST DON'T DO IT.
    You'll end up with a google PHD of terror

Dr Google

IS NOT the problem . The problem is what you search

The choose is ours

You can search headaches , shakes , twitches etc

Or you can search things like stress managment , anxiety treatments , over coming anxiety .

When it all boils down to it google can be your best friend or your worst . the choose is ours.

Accepting it is anxiety first will help with what you search . If you cant accept its anxiety then dont search .

I for one got past the bulk of my anxiety , got myself removed from a benzo nightmare and addiction by googling . If i had not search the imformation myself i dear say that i would still be stuck in that nightmare

cheers kev

Quote Originally Posted by forwells View Post
    Dr Google

IS NOT the problem . The problem is what you search

The choose is ours

You can search headaches , shakes , twitches etc

Or you can search things like stress managment , anxiety treatments , over coming anxiety .

When it all boils down to it google can be your best friend or your worst . the choose is ours.

Accepting it is anxiety first will help with what you search . If you cant accept its anxiety then dont search .

I for one got past the bulk of my anxiety , got myself removed from a benzo nightmare and addiction by googling . If i had not search the imformation myself i dear say that i would still be stuck in that nightmare

cheers kev
    You're so right! I did this to myself, I caused the anxiety/panic attacks in first place - abusing Dr. google! Now in through the door Globus has walked and what does Nina do....you guessed it! googled it! So now I have throat cancer, tongue cancer, tonsil cancer and every other oral cancer there is.............. I'm still not convinced it is Globus but we'll see from the ENT appointment in July. In the mean time I'll try not to abuse this search engine.

God bless

Nina x

Page 13 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread Information