Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: "Dr google will see you now!!!"

Re: "Dr google will see you now!!!"

Great post guys! I too am an X google junkie. I call it my google crack rock. When I 1st began to have physical symptoms of anxiety, I was scared b/c it was 7 months after my Dr. told me I had GAD and gave me Buspirone. In my mind, the anxiety and symptoms were in no way realated b/c of the time lapse.
    I am a curious women by nature so what do I do...google my symptoms and that is where it all began....The 1st thing I read wad HIV. I stop and think..could I be at risk, is this something I could have....like most individuals on this planet, I have had sex, so I am at risk, who can really say they aren't???
    AHHHHHHHHHH my mind begins to freak. I was obsessed to find a site...any site...that told me my risk was minimal having had a - test in 07 . I did find site after site that said the same thing...I had HIV according to my symptoms. Over time, I really did convince myself that I had HIV. I even pictured the Dr. telling me. I would lose my husband and never get to have kids...life was over for me.

My name is stressed, I am a googleholic and it has been 2 weeks since I have googled my symptoms.

I am feeling better without exposing myself to negative things that scare the s*** out of me. At this point ladies and gentleman, if I have HIV, I have it and there is no going back now. I'll find out eventually...and it will not be from google. Until then, I will live my life day by day and be thankful for the time I have....after all, reality says to me that my chances of dieing in a car crash going to work on Mon. are much higher than me actually having HIV. Take care and God bless u all.
    Stressed
    Last edited by Stressed32; 01-07-09 at 01:05.

My doctor has banned Me from webMD. Same reasons listed here. Basically told me to quit googling everything too. Sometimes you may not have a symptom but once you read it, you all of a sudden have it.

I so agree. I had a good night down friends came home I've had swollen glands for ages. I felt tightness in my thoat look in mirror all swollen got panicky kept looking thinking my throat is closing googled it and I feel so weak with nerves now why do I do this to myself never again if I last the nt that is....

I have recently been diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease by Dr Google, before christmas I had MS. It is so tempting to just have a look to 'reassure' myself, but I'm slowly learning.

I'm guilty of using Google for self diagnosing.
    I'm just glad I didn't type in Pregnancy

mick

dr google is definitely not my friend

i googled my eye symptoms and ended up with MS, a temporal tumour, AND glaucoma.

i will NEVER ever google my symptoms again

enough is enough!!

xxx

This is so true!! we have all done it but thanks to this place my addiction to googling my symptoms has stopped

Google cannot diagnose us, its like asking someone to fix your car without ever seeing it!

STOP, STOP going to Dr.Google!!!!

xx

I am in a bad way because of alot of things but google is a main culprit definitely.

My right ankle is swollen and I said I wouldn't google but I did and low and bloody behold... cancer! I'm like what!?

Infact,there was also clotting,blockages,water retention linked ot digestion probs which could end in death..that was the turning freaking point..

I been having bowel problems and still am..so that plus swollen ankle now means that I am going to die.

Cause of death: WATER RETENTION

P*** off GOOGLE!

I posted somewhere else a few days ago that I said "If someone said the devil doesn't exist they were lying..it's Google."

I also mentioned somewhere that I actually think they should have some sort of medical block on it for us anxious mindscos it just harms us.

And I too have been sworn by my psychologist not to search symptoms on the internet but it's like telling a child not to push the button.

YOU PUSH!

To be honest,it's ruined my life recently.

And in turn has ruined me and I am ruining my relationships.

I am actually thinking about seeing about gettinga block on google or something.

Well I have been really good for 3 years not googling and I did it the otherday and diagnosed myself with an early menopause.

Oh boy did I tell myself off!!

Its been a long standing joke with me and my Dr about my previous google exploits!!

Sarah

I have done the "googling" as well and have vowed I will not do it again no matter how tempting! It is a BAD idea and never gives you the answers you want, just makes things worse.

Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread Information