Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: "Dr google will see you now!!!"

Re: "Dr google will see you now!!!"

LOL. OMG. That is totally me. Doctor Google. I never thought of it that way, but every symptom I get I type it into the google search box and hit send, and sure enough I always have a brain tumor. I just joined this site tonight, and I'm feeling so much better already just reading through theses posts. It almost feels as if a giant weight has been lifted off my shoulders knowing I'm not the only one with these problems. I just wanted to THANK YOU all so much. I'm so happy I found you, and I hope this helps me out tremendously. Maybe I can get back to my normal self. Thanks again.

This post made me laugh, I am completely guilty of running to Dr. Google with every problem I have. In fact, I found this site thanks to Dr. Google just tonight by doing that exact thing. I have done this many a time, either going to google on it's own, webmd, or any of those "ask someone else what they think" sites like Yahoo! answers. I have found I have so many rare diseases and conditions just by typing in my symptoms and hitting search... including things as simple as being dehydrated to one search actually telling me I had some rare African disease that was only seen in one tribe, killed the whole tribe off and was never seen again after that... and that disease was from well over a hundred years ago. I stopped taking everything at face value and typing in exclusions to things, in hopes of different results. Things like, "headache pain every day not brain tumor" and seeing what reasons that came up with. Sometimes it gave me the comfort I was looking for, sometimes it brought me back to a brain tumor and left me in tears thinking I was going to die from it. Rarely, but sometimes. I am putting a stop to Dr. Google... well, maybe one day at a time, we'll see how that goes. Thank you for your unrelenting support without even knowing the ways in which you're holding me up and keeping me strong in my fight against health anxiety, and learning new and better ways in which to combat the urges to simply break down and allow myself to think I'm dying... again.

I haven't been posting on here much recently because my HA is under control. Do you know why? Partly, because I quit Googling! It's almost like quitting smoking...when you get the urge you have to slap yourself on the wrist and say, "NO!" I have managed to not Google now for about 4 months Trust me, NOT Googling can really do wonders for your HA. If there was a 12-step program for HA, I think this should be #1!

Red face Re: "Dr google will see you now!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by ubermod View Post
    Right, i've been a member a few weeks now but like all here i've fallen trap to looking up symptoms on google....... PEOPLE THIS MUST STOP!!! we are making ourselves worse, i know we are only trying to put our minds at ease but we all know what it makes us think, yep the "C" word. Post after post i'm reading about how you've all looked on google and how its made you freak and rush to the doctors thinking you're dying. Its a healthy thing to want to know whats wrong with us but all advice out there isn't from professional sources.

Its time us health anxiety sufferers got Dr Google struck off!!

Post for newbies how searching the web has made you feel worse and lets try and stop people doing it and learn from our mistakes.
    sooooo sooooo true its my worste enemy funny think is i still belive i have the symptoms the illness it comes up with xx

I have been using doctor google today and got myself all worked up into a panic - i'm starting to laugh about it now

LOL! I love it - and it so quickly put into perspective how daft it is to consult this 'doctor'. Thanks for that. x

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

hahaha, brilliant. surely the dr. will be barred from practising soon due to 10,000,000,000 wrong diagnosis

I have never and never will google anything concerning my health. I dont even watch medical soaps (or any soaps for that matter)

Check list when you wake up:
    1. can you see
    2. can you breathe
    3. can you walk
    4. can you pee
    5. can you drink a cup of coffee or tea

keep it simple

oh six and seven are

6. have I won the lotto wednesday
    7. have I won the lotto saturday

oh my god, this is so true.Im a big worrier and always have been but ive got to admit that since I began looking up symptoms on google my anxiety seems to have gotten worse and Now I have a fear of getting cancer and I didnt have this worry before.I definetely believe that looking things up on google has made me worse but its so hard NOT to do it.I try to keep away from it but I cant, its almost as if im setting myself up for ultimate stress and panic.I have swollen glands in my neck atm and looked it up on google yeasterday, BIG MISTAKE!

Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread Information