Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: "Dr google will see you now!!!"

Re: "Dr google will see you now!!!"

google causes irreversible and progressive damage. once you read about something, it creeps into your sould and brain and grows, and you can never un-read it or un-learn it, the horrible information will be there with you forever and always.

I am new here and this is my first post (fanfare, please!) and I am not sure whether to laugh or cry (some more). Thanks to Dr Google, my child currently has either leukaemia, lymphoma or a brain tumour. Because she has a swollen gland in her jaw (which the GP says is nothing to worry about) and a runny nose (for which she has a steroid nasal spray).

I have been out of my mind with fear this past week. This site is already beginning to show me I should be tackling my anxiety.

i agree, looking up symptoms, checking your body and reassurance all feed on anxiety, you should all try to avoid it no matter how difficult it is, it may get worse in the short time, but in the long term it will get so much better and you will eventually forget about it.

Hi...
    I too have "OFTEN" diagnosed myself Via "Dr.Google" Too many times...a few months back I had a terrible pain in my leg and googled and googled and googled ..that I told my husband not to take me to my regular doctor but to take me straight to the hospital because I was so sure that what I had I needed to be hospitalized for...after major panic and anxiety that threw my blood pressure throught the roof I was actually diagnosed by a real MD with sciatica. Extreme relief..although painful but nothing comparted to what Dr Google told me I had.

I have googled EVERYTHING there is to google.. and swore I had every disease ever written about....

On a brighter note though, Google has brought me here to this site and I wouldnt switch that search for anything.

Im exactly like this but ive been doing it regarding my newborn son :( He has bony lump on the back of his skull that i think is just his skull, and im freaking out.

You are so right about this. I was a Dr Google addict for months, and to be honest I've not completely given up, but instead of just googling the symptom im worrying about, i put 'anxiety' in the search term as well and its amazing how many of my 'symptoms' have come up alongside it on forums like this one! the internet is a good resource as long as you're looking for proof that it IS anxiety and you WILL believe it. googling your symptom alongside the C-word cannot have good results. Dr Google tells you what you expect to hear, nothing more or less.

About three times now because of searching on google for my symptoms, I thought I had cancer (in three different areas). It caused me to be so glum and worry ten times more. ALL FOR NOTHING

At my doctor's surgery, you need to know AT LEAST 2 weeks in advance if you're going to be ill enough to need to see someone. So I MUST google...

Yes no more doctor GOOGLE! for me, its a load of """""!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! X

I do this all the time.

I will look up my symptoms and I will look up an illness I think I might have and go through all the symptoms to see what ones I have! I have to admit it does make me feel so much worse and worry and panic even more!

Its hard to stop though!

Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread Information