Thread: Now it's anxiety and the ankle. I can't cope,honestly :'(

Now it's anxiety and the ankle. I can't cope,honestly :'(

I was taking my socks off and my right ankle looks huge compred to my left,it's like the bone is all raised in the inside and it's veiny looking.

It just looks odd and now it's fraked me.

Can you get just a weird ankle?? I havent sprained it or anything.

I can't keep going on like this and I wont GOOGLE. fR HEAVSN sake I wont but this is the new one,allong with the cervical ovary bowels and breast cancer. fears :@(

I cant stand this

Re: Now it's anxiety and the ankle. I can't cope,honestly :'(

please. :( I know it siounds silly but it's scared me now

You really are in a state of high anxiety which is why everything is alarming you please accept this and try to understand that you cannot think clearly like this try to calm down and make yourself do something else watch tv listen to music go shopping to get your mind to think about something else. In a few days you will be able to see what is a real health problem. I have been like this and I know you just have to switch off or you will drive yourself mad . Try telling yourself that everrything is fine reassure yourself because it probably is take care

Quote Originally Posted by faith View Post
    You really are in a state of high anxiety which is why everything is alarming you please accept this and try to understand that you cannot think clearly like this try to calm down and make yourself do something else watch tv listen to music go shopping to get your mind to think about something else. In a few days you will be able to see what is a real health problem. I have been like this and I know you just have to switch off or you will drive yourself mad . Try telling yourself that everything is fine reassure yourself because it probably is take care
    Your ankle is fine we all have bits that are bigger (or seem bigger) than the other one. Women usually have one breast that is bigger than the other. Stop worrying about it, and do something that doesn't involve looking at bodily parts.

Hi Finny, you're reading too much into it mate, your body is not and can never be perfectly symmetrical. Some people have one foot bigger than the other for example -- how weird is that. Imagine buying one size nine and one size ten.

Don't Google. It will return all sorts of stupid results none of which will have anything to do with you whatsoever. If the sight of your foot scares you, my advice would be: Don't look at your foot

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

Looks down and checks ma ankles
    hmmmmm my heads well gone but ive still a no bad pair legs and
    if i may say so shapley ankles poet lol

weemee ive great sympathy here with you as deep down you must know your ankles fine yet i know for a fact your deeply worried about it and cant stop getting in a tiz and it will move on to something else unless you see physcologist and tell him straight whats happening to you and stresses strains your putting on yourself.
    Im no great expert on ha but i know from previous xp of anxiety its hard to live with and cope with on a daily basis and i feel for you as a young woman of 22 and in my honest opinion you need some sort treatment via cbt anxiety classes and even medication to help you start some form recovery.
    IM not sure when your next appoinment is but try and make them understand how you are feeling,how living with this is absolute hell and what are they gonna do to HELP you.
    i never got anxiety until my 30s and theres more you should be doing and achieving than worrying about whats wrong with you and where but never give up hope as theres a recovery in us all and its just getting a helping hand that can make us see that
    You take care ok
    finn

Quote Originally Posted by finny12000 View Post
    Looks down and checks ma ankles
    hmmmmm my heads well gone but ive still a no bad pair legs and
    if i may say so shapley ankles poet lol
    I did wonder how you got dragged into this

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

My ankles the same today. it's sore and pyshically all swollen.

I had some cold brussel sprouts on it heh.

I just don't remember doing anything to it and the way my head is just down,everything is linked. I keep thinking I have cancer and now I think "oh it's spread to my bones" I don't know who to talk to.

I had the same thing happen to me about 6 months ago. My right ankle got swollen and it hurt out of no where. I hadn't done anything to it that I could remember so I freaked out thinking that it was a sign of some horrible illness, lol. It wasn't. I went to the emergency room about 5 days later (the swelling had gone down but the pain was still there) and they told me to wrap it and be careful with it and that I had probably steped wrong or something but nothing was the matter with it.......I still had issues with my thoughts for a good 2 months but the ankle problem went away within a week or so

Thread Information