Thread: upper back pain

upper back pain

does anyone suffer with really bad upper back pain in differant places, sometimes it feels tingly other time just achy it seem to be always in the upper back but sometimes when i look down i can feel tingling going down my spine, docs say it anxiety but it ani't going away and ive been on meds for 9 weeks now ad alswas feeling run down
    please help
    emma

Re: upper back pain

i get that too

i put it down to my neck being tense, i read in a relaxation book to try and relax your shoulders and tummy, almost like you are slobbing about, if you get that. when i do that, the pain really does ease. i think we must walk around feeling really tense all the time, without actually realising it, until something hurts and we worry about it

hugs xxxxxx

Hi Emma,

I also suffer with upper back pain, neck and shoulder pain too. One thing that helps me is to roll my head around and roll my shoulders up and down. I also try to maintain a good posture. If you are on the computer a lot, take breaks, lots of them. Even if they are for one minute the stretch will do you good. In bad pain I lay on a heating pad, but remember to turn it off at night or you might get burned. Also, warm baths help immensely. I hope you feel better soon.

Take care,

Laura

Hi there,

Upper Back pain is a much more common thing than people tend to let on...

I also get pain in my upper back (around the right shoulder blade). I definately hunch my shoulders up all the time, but I'v been doing it for years. However, I have only had the pain for about 4 months.
    It is hard to describe the achy/pain sensation and it varies from a dull, weird ache to being inflammed and feeling swollen. Also, although this area is the most common place for it, I also get occasional pain in other areas of my back.
    I can't explain it

Regards
    David

Thread Information