Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MADONNA

MADONNA

One thing that made me smile this week was the fact that Madonna's proposed adoption of the Malawian child was denied. There are hundreds of poor children in the USA who she could adopt. Why did she want this particular child?

No Madonna money can't buy people.

Re: MADONNA

I agree x

Hi Yvonne,

I do agree with what you say, Madonna shouldn't think just because she has a lot of money that she can buy people.
    The reason it upset me is a few months ago I was with a friend when one of her neighbours stopped her to say hello. Her daughter is a school teacher who is working in a school near to the orphanage where Madonna adopted David. Her daughter had told her that the children have no toys and the babies don't even cry as they know no one comes. I don't know if that little girl is in the same orphanage, but I do think its sad that she has been denied a better life.

I do agree with what you have said though, I know charity begins at home and there are lots of children in America who need good homes.

Anna x

I disagree,I think the fact that a child would be getting a better chance of life is the most important thing.

Keep your heart open to dreams,
    For as long as there's a dream,
    There is hope,
    And as long as there's hope,
    There is joy in living.

The problem is that adoption in the US is extremely complicated and takes years!
    If you pick up any newspaper there are always loads of people advertising who want to adopt a baby.
    It's very sad!!!

I personally think that it was because of her fame that she wasn't granted the adoption.
    That isn't right either!
    The only question that should be relevant is would the child be better off if she was adopted.
    They say she should be placed with family but if there are family who want her then why is she in an orphanage to begin with?
    xxx
    Sandy
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    Lao-Tze

I think we just need to take a look at madonna's life and then ask ourselves, is she a fit mum?
    In all honesty I would not concider her as someone that should be allowed to adopt. Her wealth and social status should not be the main issue, as it is with so many rich and famous people when it comes to adoption.

Love is what a child needs

At one time it was dogs in handbags but now its adopt the 3rd world child.

Its sad and heart breaking that it does take so long in the states to adopt and maybe there should be a change in the law but again if madonna and others want to adopt and really want to support a child then get in line like the rest

I personally wouldn't let her adopt a child incase she sung to the child. That would be unfair on the kid.

Hi

Anna - your post made me feel very sad about your friend working near that orphanage and the children not crying - it's very very upsetting. I know this is happening in these orphanages because I have watched many documentaries about these poor children in third world countries.

Purplehaze thank you. Yes you have put it in a nutshell mate.

I don't know why the father of the child isn't looking after her, I know the grandfather is too frail to look after her but did not want her adopted by Madonna.

The reason Madonna was not able to adopt this child, from what I gather, is because a new law in Malawi has ruled that people wanting to adopt must be resident in the country for 18 months. Something like that.

Yes, of course Madonna could give this little girl a wonderful life, looked after by a nanny whilst she is down the gym and wining and dining with her new 22 year old boyfriend!!!

If Madonna was an ordinary citizen she would no way be able to adopt a child. Madonna's track record of not being able to have a stable relationship for long for a start would not fit the criteria for someone wishing to adopt.

If Madonna wants to help those dear children in Malawi then don't just pick one out (how could you do that???) help more children in Malawi by helping the parents of the children by financial means, they could probably live a decent life on about £50 a week. Also let her put money into these orphanages.

The comment about the small dog in a handbag was spot on. The new fashion accessory for the rich and famous is obviously a cute black child!!!!! The new Prada bag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Madonna is very talented and I have enjoyed her music - she is also a very very shrewd businesswoman. I do not like the character. The way she abused her Catholic religion with sultry, erotic, seductive dance routines was appalling.

Whilst on the subject of this woman, what sickened me was when she was married to Guy Ritchie and living in England, she suddenly tried to go all English country girl, lady of the manor and started wearing twin sets and tea dresses (Laura Ashley style) - the woman is a joke.

Love to all. xxxxxxxxxxx

Then the child gets left in the orphanage along one million other orphans in
    malawi.
    Lets remember madonna co founded Raising Malawi which directly helps all the orphanages there and has put in millions since 2006.
    Mercy’s mother, Mwandida, died aged 18, five days after giving birth to her. Her father, James, denied responsibility for the baby and cannot be traced.

her grandmother and uncles dont want her to leave the orphange as they probably would miss there yearly visit eh

so we have wee mercy either stuck there until shes 16 then a life of poverty awaits or over to usa and everything money can buy,private education big mansion holidays all over the place hmmmm let me think nah leave her in orphanage as madonna wont love her lol
    to me its a no brainer and if mercy was allowed to speak im sure she would say papa dont preach i want to be a material girl and have a holiday and eat some american pie.

MAdonna Angelina Jolie doesnt matter who it is it all reeks of Mia farrow and woody Allen and we all know what happened there. Is it right to uproot a child from its country and culture to satisfy what a celebs need for a 'rainbow family'. Call me a cynic but i dont believe either of these woman act in an entirely selfless all for the children way. And what about all the children in Romania? I would love to know seriously how they bring up truely grounded children who have a real understanding of their history, and cultural heritage. And I bet you wouldn't see either of them adopt a child over the age of say about two why? because when children sit in orphanages and no longer cry or expect attention it unfortuanately often has really terrible psychological effects. Now they take on a child like that and there might be something to admire just a little. Personally I am convinced it is more about them than it is about the children. We as human beings have an inherent need to know where we come form. You wait and see the dog poo will hit that fan in the not too distant future. I just dont agree with plucking chilren off of any given location on the planet. It's whimsical.

Pooh
    I've crossed lines of words and wire, and both have cut me deep. I've been frozen out and I've been on fire, and the tears are mine to weep. But I can cry until I laugh, or laugh until I cry. So cut the deck right in half, I'll play from either side.

http://poohsworld-pooh.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information