Thread: Tattoo?!?!?

Tattoo?!?!?

Hi everyone,

I haven't been on the site for a while because my recovery from acute anxiety and a near-nervous breakdown is still going well (I've been symptom free for over 3 months now). I am back at work, enjoying life again, and just got engaged!!
    I have been thinking about getting a tattoo as a kind of celebration of recovery. I'm considering two designs: one that repersents personal growth, positive change and awakening; the other is a butterfly that represents transformation, and is a reminder that after suffering through some major change in life we will be rewarded with a more beautiful phase. Both of these I feel are a positive expression of my recovery. But, I am worried that this permanent mark may also serve as a permanent reminder of my suffering. This is something that I am struggling with right now...I am much better, but still think often about when I was "ill", and constantly monitor my thoughts...it feels like I will never fully get over it.

I would appreciate any input anyone has about the yes/no vote for the tattoo.

Thanks all, take care

Lisa

~Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage~ Anais Nin

Hi Lisa,
    You could say that although a tattoo would remind you of your problems, it would also remind you that you got over them and if neccessary, can do it again. My son has just had his second tatto and providing they are subtle, I think they look fab!

Best wishes,

Christine

Hi lisa
    I have 7 tattoos, i had a large dagger with Dad written on it running the whole lenght of under my arm near my wrist this is where i use to cut alot but now i have this tattoo it reminds me of my dad as he had the same one and it stops me cutting there.
    the tattoos you want sound great, i think you should go ahead .
    you could think of it as a Mark of success.
    take care

Hi
    My vote is a "yes"
    I have two tattoos, one is a unicorn on my shoulder, the other is a rose on my ankle.

Let us know if you go for it.
    Florence.

**To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.**

Tattoos are for life. Don't spoil your body, why not have a necklace made instead? Or a bracelet etc? I know some are beautiful but they are for ever, and rather common now whereas before they were quite rare. Just my opinion.

--
    Blue -
    "Your truth is better for you than someone else's. Just get to know what it is, so you can finally own it, and speak it."

i say go for it, i have a tattoo on my arm with my sons name on it as he will be with me forever, and the fact your tattoo represents the fact that you have overcome your problems is great as it will remind you just how strong you are.x.

dmcgovern

I got a tattoo on my stomach 10 years ago, i got it when i split up with a guy after 8 years of being told what i could and couldnt do,

i got it in a place i could either show it or hide it, so thats not to bad, but 10years down the line i hate it, i dont really regret it but i think i did it for the wrong reasons, and its a bit naff now lol,

If you do get one, make sure you go to somewhere that has been recomended by someone, and that you are 100% sure of design and where you want it,

let us know what you decide

kairen x

Thread Information