Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051

Thread: Citalopram survival guide

Re: Citalopram survival guide

Thank you for the feedback everyone.

I edited the opening parts of the Guide, from beneath "Believe you will get better" near the start, through the new Thymias section, and revised the "My Story" section. This cleared a few things up and generally makes more sense than before.

The Guide is monolithic and the overhaul I want to give it would most likely take weeks!

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

Hi I was on Cit for about 4 years came off cold turkey and got the symptoms you mention ! Been off over over a year and still feel very grumpy ! Read horror stories about permanent damage but read your guide and you seem sure that even if you do go cold turkey the discontinuation symptoms fade after about month .Is this try and should I not worry ,would like to stay off meds but my doc has prescribed sertraline ,whats your view please

Not really into forums but after recent relapse of my anxiety that had me in the hospital I looked for information on everything. I have to say this was been so helpful I even linked on Facebook. I was on meds before but this time 2 weeks on 20mg Calexa and nearly two weeks at 30mgs. The side effects have been hard I started therapy and even an trying the inositol. Things r getting better but i am impatient, specially since if devolop suicidal ideation. It was at first just such a freak out I thought I was loosing control because I just wanted releif so bad. It still gets me all messed up if I allow it to sink it's teeth to deep. But this guide specially that section how iam not really suicidal just scared of losing control was such a releif. I know the thoughts r still bad but iam hoping with the therapy and more time with meds it'll go away into the nite( hopefully to get run over). But again thx so much for this and the inositol guide it's been such a great help

Wow. Never read this before as I assumed it was a medical description. So, so much more and a really helpful. Thanks very much for spending the time putting this together.

I just wanted to add a little note to say thank you so much for this. It has been so helpful over the past few months to read this and get some perspective and advice on things. You have no idea how many people you have helped by taking the time to put this together.

Been off 40mg for a week (doc changed to sertaline but made me awful plus never weaned off it) anyway went bk docs as I was too bad and after arguing with the doc and going to see crisis team I finally got my citalopram 50mg back been on the 4days now and my anxiety is sky high (I was like this started cit but can't remember what i was like upping the dose) am going in and out of panic like waves also have 40mg propranolol 3x a day..

Will 50mg be a greater deal than the 40mg as I've read ppl say it's not a difference !! I just want my life back am sick of waking with this tight knot in my stomach n chest

Quote Originally Posted by honeyp1e View Post
    Been off 40mg for a week (doc changed to sertaline but made me awful plus never weaned off it) anyway went bk docs as I was too bad and after arguing with the doc and going to see crisis team I finally got my citalopram 50mg back been on the 4days now and my anxiety is sky high (I was like this started cit but can't remember what i was like upping the dose) am going in and out of panic like waves also have 40mg propranolol 3x a day..

Will 50mg be a greater deal than the 40mg as I've read ppl say it's not a difference !! I just want my life back am sick of waking with this tight knot in my stomach n chest
    Did you next day switch off the 40mg or taper down first? After just over a week the Cit drug will be out of your body so there is an element of building back up again in terms of increased Serotonin and the higher you start, the more potential for side effects.

Did the Sert cause you side effects? Whilst they should prop up Serotonin levels due to the overlap it can mess you about switching and if the new drug isn't suitable you are bound to be feeling pretty rough from the upheaval.

I really hope you are being monitored through this and maybe given some Diazepam to help you get back on.

Why have they gone to 50mg? The maximum is 40mg. Was this a GP or psychiatrist authorising it?

Great Post

Hi all. Long post - my apologies.

First of all, I sincerely apologise for not being able to respond to private messages, emails etc over the past few years; I hope and trust that everyone has been able to find some comfort in the Guide and are well on the way towards recovery.

Second, this Guide has needed an overhaul for many years. I have reached a point in my own recovery where I am now becoming able to undertake this task. Working on the Guide (or even thinking about it) takes me back to some very tough memories. It's fair to say that my level of anxiety/depression/whatever was catastrophic when I began writing the Guide, and it is also fair to say that the severity of my illness left me with some kind of post-traumatic distress which has taken years to understand and begin to heal. But as the Guide says from the beginning, hope survives. I am rapidly reaching the point where working on the Guide will not only be possible, it might even help me exorcise some demons.

The Guide is missing hugely important information about problems such as PTSD, intrusive thoughts, self esteem and many, many other related issues. I have learned a great deal about conditions such as autism/Asperger syndrome, ADHD and bipolar disorder which could be usefully added to the Guide.

I am also planning to write something that I should have started two years ago: a DWP survival guide. I have not only challenged and roflstomped the DWP in court, I went to court a second time to represent a friend and roflstomped them again! At this point I can't say too much, just that it would represent a highly organised series of instructions/recommendations, including actual letters that I have written to the DWP and other organisations. Not only do these letters contain a vast amount of information that will help other people, they are good examples of "restrained aggression" which should put a smile on your face. The human spirit can and will triumph against a system designed to destroy it.

I have (repeatedly) been made aware that a self help guide with nearly a million hits represents a marketing opportunity. It has always been my intention that the Citalopram Survival Guide remains free to everyone and it will continue to do so, with updates, for as long as No More Panic endures. However, as a person who has struggled with ridiculous levels of debt throughout his whole life, I can no longer overlook the opportunities the Guide has opened up.

As such I'll be writing a hugely overhauled version of the Guide which will be available via Amazon Kindle, and I'll be connected via Patreon. When that's all set up, I will also be writing additional chapters and/or offering bespoke content at the request of Patreon users.

Finally, I have been repeatedly advised to create a series of Youtube videos supporting people with anxiety-related conditions. I am currently testing the waters with gaming videos to see if I've got what it takes. These videos can also be used to answer questions I'm commonly asked; they would mainly be useful for people who are in the early days of starting new medication, as we all know how rough those days can be.

Well, those are my plans. Who knows if any of it will come to anything, but here's hoping.

Stay strong everyone, take care of yourselves and be kind to the people who love you.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

This is so helpful and informative, and funny. Thank You. I have just taken my first full dose of citalopram 20mg after 4 days of half a tablet. Yes - hanging onto my hat! Will look for the print version of this guide. Thanks again and all good wishes, Robin
    Last edited by RobinR; 21-11-20 at 12:18. Reason: found answer to question

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051

Thread Information