Thread: Stupid agoraphobia

Re: Stupid agoraphobia

Way to go poppy

well done you, we're all proud of you

di xx

Well done Poppy

Thank You everyone. Your messages are lovely.
    I feel a bit sicky after the Baileys and getting all emotional again.
    I dont recommend Baileys when taking Citalopram!
    I cant believe I actually got out of the house on my own - ok it was only to the village post office - but it felt like it was a million miles away at the time.
    If I can do it then anyone who is feeling the same as I was, can do it, I am sure. It was hard going and I cried all the way there but it was worth it just for the feeling of I did it, that I have now!
    Thank you again for being so lovely and supportive.

well done kiddo now make sure you keep it up at least once a week gotta keep on going out -who cares if you cried you did it you bloody did it good on ya

Poppy dont give urself a hard time hun the main thing is u tried hun and be proud of that. I understand how u feel and how hard it was for u i feel like that most days as i am agoraphobic and im housebound and i like u try all the time to leave the house but its hard work hun and nine times out of ten i fail but remember this ....its that one time that i did manage it that counts and the fact that iv tried hun . So chin up hun ur so brave be proud Name xx

aw well done! I remember one day I hyperventalated all the home from the nearest shop!
    aw Baileys is yummy! yeah true not a good idea to mix med's and alcohol.
    i take sedatives sometimes to help me go places.
    it's good though! see now you know even though your terrified you can still do it! x

Hi all
    Thank you for your lovely supportive and kind messages. They have really helped me. I feel so much better for getting out yesterday even if it was just down the road!
    Name - I agree with what you wrote. Its the 1 time that counts isnt it?
    I was absolutely shattered yesterday after going - it just shows how much stress takes it out of us doesnt it?
    Baileys and citalopram = not a good mixture!

I dont drink either! It was all that was left in cupboard from christmas though apart from Cherry B's! lol

Hi Poppy

This all sounds so familiar..

I have done something similar recently and posted here on the forum asking for an immediate boost to get me out the door..and it worked, there is always someone around who will give you the "oomph" that you need.
    I do think that although it is important to acknowledge our successes, we must also acknowledge just how much these wee journeys take out of us..allow yourself to recuperate a little.
    I am still having difficulty "accepting" my agoraphobia and ensuing anxiety/panic and I have a feeling that I always will but I have started to realise that I don't have to recover according to an agenda..I have to give myself time. I don't know if I would recommend the Baileys as an alternative method of facing your fears..probably best not.
    I reached a personal decison recently and that was to rely solely on this forum for advice and support, there are so many methods of self-help out there it makes my head spin. So far I'm doing ok and from what you've written you're going to do just fine too. Little steps Poppy and we will be with you on your journeys, no matter how small they are. (Even if it's to the front door!)

Have one of these and keep us posted on your progress.

well done keep going I have been as bad as you are now and now I can go out around my town with hardly any problems it was hard and I cried a lot but it is worth it do not give up. I repeated the same journey many many times until the anxiety came down and before I tried to go further. The anxiety always came down and often it was a surprise.

Faith and Ladybird - Thank You for your lovely messages.
    Faith - Can you go out and about now without any panic? You sound like you have done really well !
    Ladybird - You are right about using this site for support and the help and advice I have taken from this site has helped me so much.
    I am planning on another little excursion soon, only without the help of Baileys this time! lol
    Hugs to you both!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information