Thread: What long term effects can anxiety and stress have on you?

Unhappy What long term effects can anxiety and stress have on you?

I am just a bit concerned about. how i havent felt myself ever sinceI went through a big stage of anxiety and stress. When people describe the word spaced? what does that specifically mean, I am always trying to describe what wrong with my eyes.

I can read fine and everything but I just feel like my eyes are jittery and not properly focused and i really get paranoid they get worse when im nervous or stressed. i have heard of anxiety comedown which is experienced after a really stressful time but how long does it take to feel myself again?

Please help anyone?

Re: What long term effects can anxiety and stress have on you?

When i say 'spaced' i mean detached or unreal, like the whole world is a blur around me....i guess with me my eyes feel like they are involved too as everything looks just 'wrong' is the only way can describe it. I cannot focus and everything seems to blur a little....mainly in public, when im on my own in a quiet room its not so bad. Its different for everyone i reckon.

Im on a comedown still....im not entirely myself but i get a lot of good days now, its been a few months and im still hypersensitive to triggers and feel unreal from time to time. Again it varies, but once you start getting good days that seems to be a sign things are on the up even if it is followed by a bad day....which in my case it normally is.

i am going thru exactly the same thing myself with my eyes.things appear jittery etc.and like you i have had a big period of stress.i went to the opticians just before xmas and although i needed new glasses my eyes were fine.i went thru a stage of 4 optician vists in a little over a year and there was nothing wrong.having read the posts on the forum i know that eye probs are a symptom of anxiety although i am still trying to reasure myself that this is what mine is.as regards how long it takes to get over i guess every one is different, i suppose its when your problem is not the 1st 2nd or last thing you think about during the day.good luck choliver

I feel for anyone who gets this because the truth is noone understands what u r chatting about. The doctors think your mad and it makes me angry coz without being able to talk 2 people to relate to then you could actually go mad!

I am also hypersensitive sometimes to noises but I am defintly not a nervous wreck like i was beforehand. So im sure things are on the up. Spacey feeling freaks the s**t out of me though.

This experience has definitely taught me to keep my head and try to keep calm in general coz wat a load of s**t it has caused me panicking lol

This post has been automatically edited by the NMP post filter

Thread Information