Thread: Does a clear CT scan definitely mean no cancer?

Does a clear CT scan definitely mean no cancer?

I have had severe left side abdo pain for months. As my mother died of ovarian cancer in July last year, guess what I think I've got?! Yep, you guessed it.

Since last November, I've had a TV ultrasound(clear), CA125 blood test (clear) and most recently a CT scan (clear).

I go for a few hours not thinking about it, then wham, the pain reminds me that I have something going on in there and then that makes me think of cancer, that makes me think of mum, which makes me think of leaving my daughter too soon (she's only 1) and on and on it goes.

I am a logical person (usually!) so if anyone medical out there can tell me straight that a CT scan is conclusive I think I can get my head around it.

Thanks in anticipation

Re: Does a clear CT scan definitely mean no cancer?

yes the above tests would definitely clear you
    I pack my trunk, embrace my friends, embark on the sea, and at last wake up in Naples, and there beside me is the Stern Fact, the Sad Self, unrelenting, identical, that I fled from. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

I agree, the tests are all clear which means you DO NOT have it. Are they doing anything to find out what the pain is?

All the tests you have have cleared you.. and ct scan is pretty close to the mos accurate test you can get.. congratulations

My cousins normal pelvic ultrasound not even a tv one showed early ovarian cancer so if it showed up on that test then it must be 100% certain to show up on all the tests you have had which are much more intensive.

Oh thank you all so much for such succinct and speedy responses. I will sleep better tonight I am sure.

The consultant suggests laparoscopy as only option now to investigate. I am not keen as can't really afford to be out of circulation even for a day or two with a young baby and no family support (lovely hubby, but of course he's at work all day).

Plus I have a suspicion they still won't find anything. Probably just a hangover from c-section and generally hard pregnancy/birth.

Thanks again, let's all try and hang in there and keep things in perspective.

xxx

Yes now that you are cleared.. dont go questioning the accuracy of al your test ,, this is typical hypochondriacness!!!!! i am also prone to this.. just relax and take it easy.

HUN,, YOUJSUT SAID IT YOURSELF

oops caps lock

i am a health visitor, it probably is referred pain from your c section, you couldn't be any clearer with your tests

i recently had the CA125 done, as i have an ovarian cyst, and that is a def indicator of OV Ca, besides the TV and CT scan xxxxx

try and relax sweetie xxxxxxx

Thread Information