Thread: hi there folks

hi there folks

I'm new to the site and the forums. Been having a bit of a hard time of it of late. Four months of troubles, with constant stomach problems then breathing problems and very dramatic life problems (basically I lost everything that mattered to me in the space of a few months)... and then finally my boyfriend dumped me which triggered panic attacks and well, to be honest, a complete breakdown. However, it's been the trigger for me finally working out what has been wrong with me - it's anxiety. Crippling, awful anxiety. Started on the little pink pills (beta blockers) last week and what a difference in me in such a short time. I'm back at work this week and I am coping. I can sleep, eat and talk properly again. I can leave the house. And the FEAR has subsided. I'm almost elated at the moment. Cannot even begin to tell you what a relief it is to find this website and establish what's been so horribly wrong. The phoneline was a real lifesaver last week. And I've been making progress with the relaxation CDs and even had a strange and almost epiphanal moment in the middle of one of them when I just started laughing and the energy that's been stuck in my stomach seemed to shift.

My friend has had anxiety, OCDs and agoraphobia for years and I had no idea what she was going through. I do now. What a hero she is:I wish I had been able to support her properly when this all started for her.

Jo

(Anon)

Re: hi there folks

Hi there and to the site, lots of good advice and support on here, the chatroom is very good as well, take care x

Hi Jo,

A huge warm welcome to nmp

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way

best wishes

di xx

Hi Jo,

to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes

Hi Jo,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you are feeling and will give their support.

Take care,

Laura

Hi there! I’m new to the site as well, but am so happy to see that there’s so much available.
    Well done for taking steps to get back control of your life. I think that takes the most courage. I hope the progress you’ve made so far keeps you optimistic and strong. Good luck!!

Thread Information