Thread: burping...

burping...

hi there does anyone else have this.constant burping....at the min im burping out looads of air!? not smelly or anything (sorry) but i seem to get it for a few days then it goes away-to return again..im getting scared to eat certain things now...from what i can remember ive always been the burpy kind!! but this is worrying me...could it be ibs ? im anxious at the min as i think ive got bowel cancer as i noticed i was passing mucus a while ago...got a sigmoidoscopy in 3 weeks-soooooooooo scared...can anyone help
    thanksxx

Re: burping...

Hi

Don't worry, you certainly don't have bowel cancer. Sounds as though you may be swallowing loads of air through anxiety and causing the burping that way or it could just be something in your diet.

Hi,
    I get this a lot too, got it at the moment and have had for a few days, and I am worrying also, even though doc has said it is just anxiety! It does come and go, but I also had a bad bought of ibs early in the year, and that caused lots of burping, and general wind, (tmi, sorry!), but it did go eventually! Try drinking warm water, this will make you burp initially but it helps to soothe your stomach if it is a touch of upset stomach or ibs.

Quote Originally Posted by always-ill View Post
    Hi,
    I get this a lot too, got it at the moment and have had for a few days, and I am worrying also, even though doc has said it is just anxiety! It does come and go, but I also had a bad bought of ibs early in the year, and that caused lots of burping, and general wind, (tmi, sorry!), but it did go eventually! Try drinking warm water, this will make you burp initially but it helps to soothe your stomach if it is a touch of upset stomach or ibs.

My IBS gets better and worse as my anxiety swings back and forth.
    I use Gaviscon and or peppermint tea - they help BUT don't stop it.
    I know that I find burping ( and wind ) really embarrassing which then makes matters worse........
    Bloating ??? yet another problem!!!!!
    Best wishes
    June

Quote Originally Posted by whenwillthisend View Post
    hi there does anyone else have this.constant burping....at the min im burping out looads of air!? not smelly or anything (sorry) but i seem to get it for a few days then it goes away-to return again..im getting scared to eat certain things now...from what i can remember ive always been the burpy kind!! but this is worrying me...could it be ibs ? im anxious at the min as i think ive got bowel cancer as i noticed i was passing mucus a while ago...got a sigmoidoscopy in 3 weeks-soooooooooo scared...can anyone help
    thanksxx
    I have exactly the same. I have treid to analyse food and makes no difference. I also get like a windrush through my chest just before. Doctor says its panic. Sure it is. But one thing knowing and another dealing with it. Keep smiling through

hia thanks to your replies...im sure its related to IBS and anxiety as when im doing something i dont notice it so much when my minds thinking about my problems im burping like mad....been to get some peppermint tea..will see if that helps....still cant see how im making myself burp...funny this anxiety it does strange things!xx

Don't worry, I get this ALL the time when I'm anxious. It's one of my main symptoms, actually. I think is definitely IBS related

Thread Information