View Poll Results: When do you find your panic and/or panic attacks are worse/occur

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Morning after waking up

9 20.00%
  • Mid-day

1 2.22%
  • Afternoon

2 4.44%
  • Evening

7 15.56%
  • Before bed

4 8.89%
  • Random times

22 48.89%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Waves of Panic / Panic Attacks

Waves of Panic / Panic Attacks

Just wondering how times of the day might affect others.

Re: Waves of Panic / Panic Attacks

Depends how bad i'm feeling- if i'm really bad i tend to be panicky all the way through the day and sleep fine at night but then the minute i get up i feel
    bad again. If i'm feeling ok then it's just pretty random. Only exception was when i first started getting them- i didn't sleep at all: PA all way through day and night. I guess it's different for everyone.
    xxx

You haven't included at night..
    I find my bad panic attacks occur when I wake up from sleeping in the middle of the night.

Most of my panic attacks occur mid-morning … it seems to be the time when I start to stress about what’s happening during my day & the progresses to panic about all the things I have to do for the rest of the day. This inevitably makes me feel like I haven’t achieved enough so far; consequently, I won’t be able to accomplish much for the rest of the day – it’s an insane cycle!

hello guys my panick attacks is when i hear about my ex or if something i do reminds me of him. i have ended up in hopsital twice cause of this as i thought i was going to die !!!! then the second time i had really bad chest pains which was frighting but now am trying to move on and not think about this man anymore or whats hes up!!!! I know how to control it by silly as sounds get a paper bag and take deep breaths after is all over does any one though feel worn out like i do????

Mostly at night for me. Thats when my brain has too much time to think while I try to get to sleep. Also you can hear/feel your heartbeat and its harder to distract myself. Though I do have a relaxation CD which I put on my MP3 that really helps.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do.So sail away from the safe harbor. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Bel25 im exactly like u,i have panic attacks every day all day :( im finding it really hard to cope with at the moment.The scariest bit for me is the palpations and unable to breathe

This is similar to me also. Mine occur at random times, but a high proportion do occur in the morning.

Sometimes, even if I am able to get over the feeling first thing in the morning, I get this background feeling of a panic attack waiting to happen for the rest of the day. Sometimes it goes off, but sometimes I have other attacks. I often just have to write the day off, and then go to bed and hope then the next day will be panic free, which luckily it mostly is.

I also find some places, or events also trigger them. For example, I often find a certain cinema in the City I live a problem, and have twice had to leave the cinema due to an attack.

Sam

God that is a hard one... sometimes it will be mornings others evenings and sometimes it can actually run into days ..without a break...

Only when I think about or have palps...and I cant help thinking about them day and night

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
    And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
    And how else can it be?
    Kahlil Gibran

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information