Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Paroxysmal Atrial Fibrillation.

Re: Paroxysmal Atrial Fibrillation.

Hi everyone, I,m new and just wanted to say hello. I know this is an old thread but I have AF and am currently waiting to go into hospital for another ablation (had one two weeks ago but it was unsuccessful). I am constantly in AF and was sent home with all the usual medication and informed I will be booked in for approx 8 weeks time. Heart beat is around 120 bpm, have chest discomfort and awful indigestion and nausea after eating but this is probably due to anxiety, have felt really anxious over this very debilitating illness. What I wanted to ask is 'has anyone had an ablation more than once and did it finally work?' I was told it doesn't,t always work first time and some people have it done two or three times. I,d be grateful for any info on this. Many thanks.

Hi kimmie, I have not had an ablation, but would consider it if other treatments failed.the condition is very debilitating and just wish there was a treatment which could cure the condition for all of us. Hope the second ablation went well, let us know how you got on, regards

I thought I'd throw in that I once suffered what I believe to have been vagally-mediated paroxysmal atrial fibrillation about 10 seconds after drinking about 600ml of ice cold water to soothe my acid reflux. Pulse was high and irregularly irregular for two minutes with a fluttering sensation. I drank the water leaning forward, so all the cold was on the front of my throat.

The combination of stimulation and/or irritation of the nerves and heart from food and drink could not really be more obvious in my case.

I mention this in case it's helpful to anyone who might have a similar cause but haven't had such a clear cut case of cause and effect. It seems to me that what's going on in your throat can really make a big difference.

Hi all I'm confused my paf started last yr all of a sudden rushed into hospital 300 BPM god I didn't feel well I also have had every test possible also have other health probs as well put on flecanide still have attacks around 140 /160 but it last longer have to rest cause moving sends me worse just had a 3 day heart monitor on felcanide give s me terrible side effects tout of breath dizzy shatters etc seem to go in nowhere very depressing for me will keep ya all posted when I've seen heart bloke bless ya all oaky

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information