Thread: re: hello comrades (in this evil war)

re: hello comrades (in this evil war)

Hi, my names David. I am 27 and in Scotland, UK

I have only recently been on-line, and one of the first things I have tried to research is my anxiety condition. This of course led to here.

I have suffered from different anxiety-related 'things' for about 4 or 5 years now, and have had many panic attacks. I live alone, and have an overactive mind which is making it worse.
    I started off with the throat-tightening type of thing, then panic-attacks and constant chest-pains. I have had most of the symptoms on the list here at some point. They seem to get more and more 'challenging' for my ability to dismiss it as 'just anxiety'

Recently, for the last 4 months, I have had an unidentifiable ache/pain in my upper-back/shoulder around the right shoulder-blade.I have spoke to 2 GPs and currently attend monthly physiotherapy. I was told it was probably muscular and possibly related to posture, but I have no idea what a muscular-type pain would feel like in this area so I don't know if it is or isn't. When I ask any medical professional about what they think it is, they always begin by saying 'from what you've told me...' My biggest fear is of something terminal like lung cancer, but nothing stops me worrying. One GP told me it probably isn't anxiety-related but I am not too sure.

Thanks for reading this

David

Re: hello comrades (in this evil war)

Hi David,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will understand how you are feeling and will give their support.

Take care,

Laura

Hi there and to the site, lots of good advice and support here, the chatroom is very good as well, take care xx

evil war is right but lots of help on here for us all welcome to nmp

hi there runny you should say about a back pain i had this pain in the exact same place had loads of tests done and x rays which made anxious which lead then to depression i have been on meds 10 weeks and still have it along with other aches and pains just try not to get yourself so worked up about it your'll end up like me, but my pyshc recons its because of the anxiety and depression even though i had it before i know makes no sense. all the best
    emma x x x

alos sorry to ask does it feel like its underneath the shoulder blade, no me mine feels more like a nerve pain no muscle. have you ever had a muscle pain before like maybe after a work out etc because mine does not feel like this does yours?

hi emma

no, it doesnt feel like an over-used muscle pain (like legs after a long cycle for example). its a weird feeling unlike nothing i have felt, but painfull. it feels deep (sometimes quite sharp) and sometimes feels like it goes through to my chest. it gets bad for a couple of days, then is a bit better for a couple but it only very rarely goes away for a brief 30mins or so

Thread Information