Thread: cluster headaches

cluster headaches

HI

My post from yesterday seems to have disappeared which is freaking me out a bit. Have had a headache over my left eye on and off every day for 6 weeks. At times it is a dull stabbing pain right behind my eye. At others t is on the brow bone and a sort of strange feeling down my nose to my cheek. My left eye is also sore but does not look bloodshot.My optician says my eyes are fine and had a realy good look behind them. My gp thinks it is migraine cluster headaches. She's given me almogran and strong codeine but they've not worked. Surely they would have done if she was correct. Also from everything I've read cluster headaches are unbearable. These aren't like that most of the time. Just painful. Please hep with any ideas.

Re: cluster headaches

Hi hun

Sounds awful...hope your ok soon

Also sounds like stress/anxiety causing them...I get migraines all the time when my anxiety is stupidly high....They wipe me out completely when all I can do is sleep. Have you tried rescue remedy or other complementary therapies....I always find these work when my migraines get bad.

Hope your day is a sunny one

Much love
    R xxx

What was the post about that is lost?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

About the same thing - cluster headaches? Feeling very frightened and so angry with this fear

AS previous poster stay maybe go back to GP and ask if it could be sinus related - you can get pain around your eye if your sinuses are inflamed or infected, a course of antibiotics would tell you one way or the other.
    the other thing is you can get facial neuralgia affecting that area as well and no painkillers will help this. I have neck damage and can get alot of face and eye pain from damaged nerves????

Def go back and harass your GP

Hi Rhianna,

Cluster headaches can vary in strength like any other headache. In my experience they are extremely rare. You are much more likely to be suffering from migraine or possibly tension headaches.

You don't need to worry about anything, if there were serious problems the checkup you've had would almost certainly have shown something. Your doctor wouldn't have messed about -- if they were concerned they would have referred you on to the hospital for urgent tests.

Migraines and cluster headaches are really nasty and pain relief medication has to be strong to even touch them. Paracetamol and anadin won't relieve a migraine at all, ibuprofen barely has any effect and migraleve is only effective if you catch the migraine when you get the very first symptoms. Tension headaches caused by stress are also very difficult to shift and require strong pain relief (and you need to relax as well).

So it's likely the medication your doctor prescribed has the same problem: it just isn't strong enough to stop all of the pain. This is something every migraine sufferer has to to face and all you can do is tough it out.

Migraine, tension headaches and cluster headaches are not capable of doing you any harm other than making you feel like crap.

Eye strain, looking at computers all day, the wrong prescription for glasses, short-sightedness (squinting at things), prolonged periods of stress and tension, can all cause the problem you've described.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

Hi Rhianna,

I suffer from migraines and believe me they are no fun. Your docter has to rule out many things to give a diagnosis of cluster migraines. Saying that, sometimes migraines vary in pain due to stress, hormones and how fast you get pain meds into your body. If you do doubt the diagnosis, perhaps you should go to an ENT for sinus issues because you could have both! I hope you feel better soon.

By the way, to find out what posts you have made, just click onto your name.

Take care,

Laura

Thread Information