Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Skin cancer worries..still. :( Some answers please

Skin cancer worries..still. :( Some answers please

I keep seeing more moles appearing that weren't there.

Does this happen with skin cancer? I am NOT googling. I mean it!

But I am obsessed now with blemishes and stuff on my skin.

I have 4 that are bothering me particularly. But I have noticed another one on my leg and it's uneven looking.

The one on my thigh that looks like a flame shape according to the doctor has went darker again. I'm sure of it.

One on my arm too. I showed him them ones a few days ago at doc and he said that he thought they looked ok but the one on my leg that was flame shaped,he would,for my reassurance,refer me to a dermatologist but not cos he thought anything wrong but I remember googling mole and freckles pics when I was freaked a few days ago and they all look like this skin cancer melanoma stuff. :'(

I keep looking at them. And worrying.

Do people just get moles and freckles that can be odd shaped but not cancer?

I don't have a psychologist appointment til Thursday but I can feel myself getting freaked out again.

And it's worse cos it has been sunny and it's causing me to go about all wrapped up cos I'm scared I expose the moles and things to sun rays! I'm that crazy!

Please help.. I;m actually getting to the point that I want to CUT them off. :'(

Re: Skin cancer worries..still. :( Some answers please

I have an odd shaped one and I don't think it is cancer. I do watch it very carefully.

Moles do change can change and will change over time. Hormones can do this. As I understand it it is dramatic growth you have to wrry about, itching and bleeding.

You also get new moles over time. I have had more appear, and even ones that have shrunk.

I try very hard not to wrry about my moles, and I tend to take the line as long as the changes aren't rapid and they don't itch and bleed they will be OK. But I do get my Dr to check them when I am worried.

xxx

I think I will need to go back. :( I'm awful.

It's smear test results and the moles that are freaking me out.

I was only there a few days ago aswell.

I feel a nuiscance :(

See I remember the one on my leg itching a while back but back then I didn't think anything of it.

Now I feel I'm putting two and two together and stuff :'(

Any moles should be checked by a doctor if they have the following features:

* Asymmetrical skin lesion.
    * Border of the lesion is irregular.
    * Color: melanomas usually have multiple colors.
    * Diameter: moles greater than 6 mm are more likely to be melanomas than smaller moles.

Also if they bleed or itch or grow or are new and look abnormal(as above). Melanoma is easy to diagnose and as long as you get new suspicious lesions checked quickly it is treatable

Other skin cancers are really treatable and non life threatening unless you leave them for months and months

I would not worry about moles unless they truly look like if the are growing and if the have the features above.

Next time you see your dr, show them to him/her or to your practise nurse

Ric

"A happy life consists not in the absence, but in the mastery of hardships."

I have a mole that fits what you describe, but it hasn't changed ever since I can remember. I am not worrying about it.

I may get the Dr to look at it just to be sure.

Aaawww I know your worries re the smear test.

I am always worried about mine. Still waiting!

Sarah

My moles have all of them :'(

I am so worried now.

They are melanoma I'm sure of it :'(

hi

dont panic my mum died of skin cancer 5 years ago she was 50 and belive me u would know she had a mole that was huge leaked puss and kept bleeding it also grew and grew

trust me you would know if u did have

my oh has moles they change he went to the docs only to be told he is fine.

I remember one going itchy and crusty and that was the one on my leg then it went back to normal ie not itchy or anything but that is the one on ny leg that the doc wants to check as it is a flame shape. I noticed another one on my lower leg too and it's a strange shap but is lighter :'(

I have one on my shoulder blade too and I keep seeing tem everywhere and I'm scared again.Oh so scared and I'm on here to stop myself going crazy to be honest. I think im gonna need to go backt od cs AGAIN :'( they think im crazy

Please please don't panic, I honestly think that yes get them checked out, I am going to get mine checked as it is not symmetrical and is darker in places, but I think there would be other symptoms with it. Cancer is a growth - if they aren't growing then don't worry in the mean time.

I remember I had an ithcy dry patch on my skin once and I was worried it was cancer and the Dr said it would be ulcerated if it was. Listen to how Taylor described her Mums mole

(Taylor I am sorry to hear you lost your Mum to cancer - my Mum died of Lung cancer so hugs to you xxx)

I am sure the things that are described are moles to to look out for and watch closely and get your Dr to check. Doesn't necissarily mean they are cancer.

My Mums friend had skin cancer from a mole that was growing and she had it cut it and is alive 20 yrs later.

So you are doing the right thing. You are getting them checked early. I am sure you will be fine

I'm so sorry to hear about your mums petals. That is awful.

I have this INSANE fear of cancer. I do. I really do. And it got a bit better but then after Jade goody and my friend's friend got cancer it has spiralled out of control.

Thanks for the support. I just dunno what to do with myelf. I keep prodding about it at myself xxx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information