Thread: Weird question (to do with taking pill, then doing a number 2 afterwards...sorry lol)

Weird question (to do with taking pill, then doing a number 2 afterwards...sorry lol)

If i have a meal, then take my 20mg citalopram tablet and then do a number 2 straight after, does this cancel out or take away some of the effects of the citalopram tablet at all?

I usually take my tablet after breakfast/lunch and i sometimes feel like doing a number 2 straight after, so i was just wondering?

Sorry for the freaky question...thanks in advance!

Re: Weird question (to do with taking pill, then doing a number 2 afterwards...sorry lol)

The answer is a definate no,so no need to worry. Sue

Re: Weird question (to do with taking pill, then doing a number 2 afterwards...sorry lol)

Ok thank you

Re: Weird question (to do with taking pill, then doing a number 2 afterwards...sorry

Just to add some background your digestive system is very long and fairly slow. Depending who you ask food takes about 12-36 hours to go through. Rather faster if you have a digestive upset. Foud this at answers.com:
    In all, the movement of food through the entire length of the alimentary tract takes from 15 to 30 hours, with the majority of that time being taken up by activity in the colon. Food generally spends about three to five hours in the stomach, another four to five hours in the small intestine, and between five and 25 hours in the large intestine.
    So something you've just taken spends quite a while in the stomach, maybe a bit quicker there if you've not eaten recently. And what you get rid of at the other end has been around for quite a while!

Interestingly both eating and anxiety/stress are triggers to going to the loo. So an anxiety sufferer eating and taking their meds is quite likely to take a trip to the loo. So don't worry about that either.

And if you'll forgive the humour - the good news is that you don't need to change your alias to pill-pooper! Sorry - .
    Last edited by alias_kev; 13-04-09 at 01:54. Reason: added final joke to hopefully lighten the mood

Agreed with alias kev, it takes a long time for stuff to work through your system. So next time you take your tablet, get your favourite book and sit on the dumper for as long as you like. Very relaxing

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

Re: Weird question (to do with taking pill, then doing a number 2 afterwards...sorry

Quote Originally Posted by alias_kev View Post
    And if you'll forgive the humour - the good news is that you don't need to change your alias to pill-pooper! Sorry - .
    LMAO I love it!!!!!

Thanks so much for the background info! Really interesting! Plus i learnt something new today!!!!

So next time you take your tablet, get your favourite book and sit on the dumper for as long as you like. Very relaxing
    I sure will!!!

Thanks again guys!!

Yeh! I hoped you wouldn't mind the joke. When we are in gaps between the anxiety it helps to find what humour we can I think. I hope. I was trying to find something less "bodily" to say as some get very embarassed by such things and suddenly your alias connected!!

Thread Information