Thread: IBS???

IBS???

How bad can it be? I was diagnosed many years ago with IBS and it got better for a while then it came back and this time its worse so i'm wondering if its even IBS. The reason i'm wondering is cuz the symptoms don't always have anything to do with food or stools. Sometimes i just get pain, sometimes its all over my belly,,,sometimes my whole belly feels sooo sore and stiff (weird) and it has nothing to do with muscles being sore cuz i don't exercise. It also has nothing to do with constipation cuz i have no problem there, i also don't have issues with diarhea, my stools are normal. It isn't constant, sometimes i get a day when it doesn't bother me, not normally more than a day of rest though, but when it hits its Bad:( The dr just calls it ibs but i'm not so sure. Could it be colon cancer?

Re: IBS???

IBs comes and goes. It is very rarely text book. Sometims it is constipation sometimes diarrhoea sometimes both sometimes just pain. Anxiety prolongs and agravates it. Try peppermint capsules or mint tea. it can help

Re: IBS???

Hi, I am having a similar thing at the moment, mine are stabbing pains in the left of my stomach. Like you, I am having no bowel problems and am just hoping that it is wind getting trapped in the bowel, but it is so painful when it strikes. I think IBS can manifest itself in different forms and if you have had it for a long time you will know a lot of them. The doctor has given me Mebervine to take but on reading the leaflet although it calms bowel spasms it can also give you constipation, which is the last thing I need, so I haven't taken any. I do hope you get some relief soon.

Talking Re: IBS???

ok i have just posted a reply to the stool question with a simular thing - ibs can come and go over periods of time - When i was first diagnosed 7 years ago i went tothe loo with diareah3/ sometimes more times inthe morning before icoudl even contimplate going out the door - then i went through a time of managing it - 18 months a go i went throgh the very cramping diareah type and at the moment i go through the constipation then normal mostly normal - it can be brought on by stress / anxiety / diet - the pains both of you are describing sound like wind pains to me and as silly as it sounds these pains for me are worse than the crmaping i get befor ei need to go the loo - cause they not always go away after a good fart !! ( sorry but when u had ibs u have no dignity left lol)

For wind my trusty old pals are - a hot water bottle on the tum - peppermint or camomile tea ( cant stick the camomile myself) rubbing the tummy in a clockwork direction can make things move in there as thats the way things move round ur bowel also with wind lying in bed or on the floor curling ur knees up to your chest can also make things move.

I have recently done a diploma in diet and nutrition as i didnt find dieticians and people from the hospital helped me as they all told me to have high fibre which in my experience makes it worse - if you need any help even though im not a doctor i will do my best xx im with ya cuse i had it for a long time now xxx u have to work with yourself as ibs is dif for everyone x

Thread Information