Thread: Neck tightness / swelling

Neck tightness / swelling

Hello,

I have been experiencing a swollen neck feeling (outside) on and off for the last few months. I have had two ultrasounds on my thyroid which came back normal.

I have just found out I am pregnant and I so desperately want to be happy and excited about it - but this problem is stopping me from doing so.

Has anyone had any experience on this? It feels mainly when I am hot - or it is hot or humid that I feel this way more. Other times it feels quite normal.

I had a swollen gland on the same side of my neck months ago - but my GP wasn't too worried about it. The same side of my neck feels tight and a little sore sometimes too.

I have mentioned this swelling problem to my GP a few times and she doesn't seem worried about it - of course I accept this while I am there and then when I get home start worrying that I have some kind of tumour in my neck and I am dying.

It just seems like too much of a coincedence to me that all the problems I have are on the right side of my neck. It is all getting just too much for me - when will this HA end.
    ''I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me''
    ~Dr Seuss~

Re: Neck tightness / swelling

Anyone? Please?
    ''I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me''
    ~Dr Seuss~

Hi Sam,
    I often feel like my throat is really constricted and the my neck feels swollen.
    I am also one of those people who check their pulse every 5 seconds, in my neck.
    There are thousands of glands in you neck. these become more swollen or move when they are constantly proded and poked. A bit like when you have a sore throat and your tonsils get bigger. Its a normal reaction to protect you. So if you are constanly feeling your neck, this is the likely cause.
    And its perfectly normal too, and will return to normal size when not provoked.

Hope this helps
    Twinkle x

I feel like this pretty much right now too, it sucks, I sympathise.

I am not sure where you mean but my neck are swollen too at the moment.
    They havnt found anything wrong and the doctors tells me its cause of my bad tension and shoulder ache.

I have this too right now, had it for about 6 weeks and its really stressing me out :-( It seems pretty common, there is even a forum thread on here dedicated to it under 'symptoms' forum.

Thread Information