Thread: Racing brain?

Racing brain?

For the past few nights I feel like I've forgotten how to go to sleep! I can't seem to slow my brain down to a speed where I can drop off. I have to keep getting up or reading or wander around the house.
    I've been on Fluoxetine for a week now, initially 10mg, but have upped it to 20mg today.
    Not suffered too badly, had some bad headaches initially, been quite lethargic, and noticed a rise in anxiety, but otherwise ok.

Anyone else had this?

Re: Racing brain?

I was on 20mg for 4 weeks and had nothing but insomnia, just couldn't sleep. Also my anxiety was really bad the whole time and I felt really tired. I came off them because after 4 weeks my anixety was getting worse rather than better like it should have been and I was still not sleeping even though I felt like I needed it. Apparantly Fluoxetine isn't good for general anxiety but more aimed at anxiety associated with OCD and depression.

Re: Racing brain?

Hi cat80 and HBTF. Im on 40mg and my DR Says its strange that it seems to help calm me, I have put on weight but I get a lot of sleep. I still feel unmotivated though. oh and it gives me heart burn if I dry swallow it lol

Thread Information